logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
More people than ever are looking for jobs and the competition is stiff. You can help them out by starting a killer resume business. It's an easy business to start with few start-up costs and it's even a great part-time business:

Read Start a Resume Writing Business to help you get started.

I used to do resumes on a very informal basis and I always made good money doing it. I can take boring, sparse resumes and give them some meaninful oomph and edit long and boring resumes to highlight pertinent skills. My marketing and writing skills really help me create great resumes for my clients--yours can too! And, people so appreciate a great resume that helps them find a job--it's easy to get referrals!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I recently used a resume service, and I'm so happy with how much better my resume is! I found them (Tunarez.com) through word of mouth and I'll definitely be recommending them to others. I think this is an area where word of mouth is very useful.

I also paid for help posting my information to the many job boards and with updating my LinkedIn profile. Job hunting is a lot of work if you take it seriously and there is a lot that you can't know unless you do it often (For instance, I only knew of a couple of good job boards, they knew of almost 100), so there's a lot of room for providing services to job hunters.

Julie

Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Great info, Julie and I'm glad you got good results. A great resume can really be the deciding factor in getting an interview and you're right, word of mouth is a great business booster for this type of business. People often really prefer to go to someone recommended by someone they know.

Was it this same company that you paid for the job board posting? Did they actually do the posting for you?

Parakeet
Parakeet
For the job boards, I filled out a series of forms that contained the information that job boards would need and then the company used that info to post to the job boards. They also provided me with an email address for a special web based email that contains spam filtering specialized for job seekers and use that email address on the job boards. I believe they have software that fills out the job board forms based on the information I provided rather than doing it by hand.

The company I used for my resume includes this service in their packages, but it appears that they partner with another firm that actually provides the above services. ie the url is tunarez.<somethingelse>.com I got my first phone call within an hour of filling out the forms and have had several more calls and emails today, so it's obviously effective. They also provide you with tracking and the login information for each job board.

Julie

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.