logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
OP Offline
W
xxxxxxxx

works as a manager at DHS in xxxxxx and this is what she has done for someone that is on disability.The person that is on disability has applied for help with medical premiums and was turned down for the medical savings program.because this person did not feel good to attend a meeting at Van Buren County Department of Human services,she took the persons foodstamps away.Also,if you were to call the DHS in Van Buren you get a message that the DHS has no computer.This person should not be working at a place that helps people at all !

The person on disability asked for an Administrative hearing for being turned down for help for his medical premiums and has to this date never had a hearing and has been turned down for no reason at all and then she takes his foodstamps away.This is truely sad when a person on disability asks for help to get on the medical savings program and then gets turned down and xxxxxx takes his foodstamps away !

I ask people to take action and get this person fired !

she should not be working at the DHS at all !

This is truely sad to take away foodstamps from a person that is on disability,there is a problem when people just dont care about other people.What do you think ?

Was xxxxxxx right in taking away someones foodstamps because he was to sick to attend a meeting that states that,If you do not attend this conference or contact us,it will have no adverse effects on your right to an Adminisstrative hearing.

xxxxxxx and xxxxxxxx started a program which pairs students with community volunteers over lunch.perhaps xxxxxxx just does not care about adults and people that are on disability.How does this person sleep at night knowing she has taken away foodstamps from a person that is on disability..?I can understand helping childeren but what about adultsthat dont have childeren and that are on disability..?Do you think she was right for her to take away a persons foodstamps because the person was to sick to attend a meeting to get on the medical savings program..?This just does not make sense,she should not even be working at the DHS in xxxxxxxx

Last edited by Lynne Chapman; 02/18/10 01:31 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I am truly sorry for your troubles Worldstar. I know that it is very difficult to be on a fixed income and to have to rely on food stamps to help with groceries.

However, it is not wise to post another person's name in a public forum such as this. I edited your post to remove the names. I'm praying that this situation will be resolved quickly. I pray that love and understanding will rule on both sides of the problem.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Lynn, I am happy you were able to respond to Worldstar's post. The same was posted in Work & Family, however the name of the person was in the topic so I had to delete the post.

I wish Worldstar well.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Worldstar,

When it comes to DHS, the person working there is not making personal decisions. It wasn't xxxxxx's idea to take away food stamps. They are following protocol and following DHS's rules and regulations and as far as an administrative hearing, there are hundreds if not thousands waiting on a hearing so its like a first come first serve basis.

People sometimes have to separate Christianity, Paganism, Wicca, Muslim, Buddhism, etc... from the workplace. If this Christian person at DHS, did not follow the rules of the workplace, then this Christian person would lose their job.

As the old saying goes, "It's not personal, It's business."

Last edited by Vance, Bellaonline Editor; 03/17/10 02:46 PM.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
No matter what their Religious beliefs and followings are, it has no relevance to the protocol and proceedure.

If this person did not follow the company policy and acted on their own opinion and not respected the company or it's authority figures, is that a Christian thing to do?

Proud Pagan
Gecko
Gecko
Originally Posted By: Worldstar
xxxxxxxx

The person on disability asked for an Administrative hearing for being turned down for help for his medical premiums and has to this date never had a hearing and has been turned down for no reason at all and then she takes his foodstamps away.This is truely sad when a person on disability asks for help to get on the medical savings program and then gets turned down and xxxxxx takes his foodstamps away !

I ask people to take action and get this person fired !

she should not be working at the DHS at all !

This is truely sad to take away foodstamps from a person that is on disability,there is a problem when people just dont care about other people.What do you think ?

Was xxxxxxx right in taking away someones foodstamps because he was to sick to attend a meeting that states that,If you do not attend this conference or contact us,it will have no adverse effects on your right to an Adminisstrative hearing.

This just does not make sense,she should not even be working at the DHS in xxxxxxxx

There are rules and guidelines for a reason. The person you speak of can and has the right to appeal so that is what needs to be done. Just because the person was doing their job as instructed by company guidelines does not mean they need to be fired. Breaking the rules is not part of company policy or deserves a pat on the back.

Proud Pagan

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.