Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly got her wish - Michael earned himself immunity. Good for him for putting in the effort and getting that!

It was impressive seeing how much people lost at home. It gives a lot of hope to those of us who are at home.

I have to admit I was very glad the red team did NOT get immunity and had to work.

We're heading into the weigh-ins - what's going to happen!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I really wanted the Red woman to go - but I was happy with the result. It would have been really rough on the yellow team to "make a choice" like that right when they came back. This way it was out of their hands, and everyone set their own destiny.

I was really proud of the green mom - she had surgery and could only walk - and she still lost 5 pounds! Even being pumped full of water! It really shows how much you CAN lose weight if you just focus on it!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes I was so pleased with the whole episode. No huge drama.

And my boy Michael was so shocked and happy with himself with that challenge. Everyone seemed like you could knock them over with a feather when they realized who the dark horse was in that race. Someone even called him a White Knight, lol! I LOVED his disco rhythm that he centered himself in.

To beat grey and red teams is a major feat. They have been dominating.

Did you also notice how, with his mom gone, Michael has latched onto Miggy as a mom figure? She seems happy with that arrangement - it seemed to make her softer.

Zebra
Zebra
I can't wait for the Red woman (Michelle?) to be off there. She's abrasive, was downright mean and obnoxious last week.

In fact, on that show (not last night, last week) I thought it was so funny that she said about her "integrity" -- "it's my whole life", and then few minutes later about her kids "they're my whole life". Being snarky me, I thought what's next, this t-shirt is her whole life?

I was amazed at Miggy last night. That was quite impressive, and yes, I thought her daughter & his mom leaving kind of made for a natural bond for her and Michael.

What I also thought was great was the encouraging and leading the purple shirt girt was doing when the beginning joggers had to do five minutes. She really helped everyone out and pulled them through it when they thought they'd never make it.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It is really impressive how much leaner many of the contestants look already. It really does show that you can make life-changing changes if you focus yourself for a block of time. It isn't impossible. If these people can do it - after surgery!! - then any of us can do it.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deb, i agree - I have loved Steph from the beginning, when I saw her bonding with Ali after her mom went home week one. I want Steph in the Final Three. She is just lovely and so sweet.

I also hope Micheal can stay around as long as possible, but i bet he won't make the final three.

I bet Sam or Koli will make it very far. They are very strong contenders.

I have a sense, BTW, that grey and red have an alliance. Probably goes back to the beginning before grey realized red woman is lady macbeth.

Deb, maybe all she really needs is this chair. And that vase, and this vacuum cleaner.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK I am trying to be more accepting. Let's assume Red Lady was a lovely child and played well with others, and wanted to grow up to be a patient, loving adult.

It sounds like she married Red Man when he was athletic, very active, a bread winner, and was a sturdy part of her life. She had kids with him.

Then - for whatever wild reason - he suddenly began putting on so much weight that he literally had to quit his job. And apparently he hasn't worked at all since then. So suddenly she has the full financial responsibility for her young children, has a husband who sits at home all day, and no matter what she does, it only gets worse.

Maybe it's all this stress that has pushed her over the edge, and she simply cannot cope with it. Maybe she is so desperate that she can now only think about winning this contest as the way to save her family from utter disaster.

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
That may be all true, however, by treating others so horribly, she has little chance of *truly* changing her life regardless of weight loss or winning a big prize on the show. I'm not sure but it seems the odds are against her--since she's not got as much weight to lose--and I think she knows her chance is with her husband who could do it, but I don't think he will and I don't think she thinks he will. She seems to definitely be the "leader" of that team.

I do think that the producers of these shows tend to play up any even slightly controversial instances and show things out of context to make the shows more dramatic, so I do consider that. But, so far she seems quite defensive and vindictive and I'm proud of Jillian for sticking to her guns and insisting she couldn't just "believe" her. Bob totally caved! LOL

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That is VERY true Deb. She is not very good at this game playing. If she was an ideal game player she would have every other team loving her, caring for her, and supporting her. That way when they have those "help the other player" things she is the one who gets the help.

I agree that she seems to be the driving force - I bet she's the one that applied "for them" and pushed him to try out for being on the show. I wonder - if she gets kicked out - if he will find his inner fire or if he just becomes passive.

I definitely agree too that there are probably TONS of video that is calm and quiet and that we see the short 30 second parts that involve chaos. They want people to watch the show. So imagine if any of us were on the show and we were calm and peaceful and happy throughout 99.9% of the show but we had a meltdown on one day for whatever reason - it would be that one meltdown that the world would see and remember.

I didn't see Bob as caving. I see him doing the good cop / bad cop thing. They need someone to be a "you can trust in me" person - they don't want any "cast member" to feel completely alienated. That would reflect badly on the show, not on the players. It would make people not like the "Ranch". So they always need someone on the Ranch to be caring for the people there. And then someone else needs to represent the integrity of the Ranch, so that watchers still know what is expected and realistic. So I think they did that very well.

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.