logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
Geni08 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am planning a fund raiser for my sister's family, her son was recently diagnosed with cancer, etc. Her in-laws don't think that her family should go to the fundraiser (my sister, her husband & their son). I can understand her son not going if he is not feeling well, or even to minimize his exposure to germs, but I feel that my sister and her husband should make an appearance to thank people. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thank you!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
First, I'm so sorry about your nephew! I hope his treatments will go well, and as little side effects as possible.

You are so kind to organize a fundraiser!

I've seen fundraisers done both ways. If he has started or will be starting chemo, there is a very valid reason--one germ or cold can cause a quick and severe infection. Often, the infections can be very dangerous to say the least.

One option is for them to write a thank you letter for you or another volunteer to hand out to those that attend. They could film a thank you via video, or a personal blog. Thanking people in person usually means lots of hugs, handshakes, etc...a breeding ground for germs. There are many ways to express their appreciation, without the risk of bringing back a virus to their son.

Your sister and her family could be too overwhelmed to think about going to such an event, though I'm sure they would appreciate every penny raised.

Bottom line--not knowing the age and stage of the cancer, they should check with their son's doctor about potential risks, and go from there.

Best of luck to you with your fundraiser-I'm sure it will be much appreciated and a huge success! smile

Moderated by  Decorum-Is-Key Lisa 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.