logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Nearly two weeks ago we learned that our baby no longer had a heartbeat and had stopped growing at 6.5 weeks (we were in the 9th week of pregnancy). I would rather miscarry naturally than have a D&C and my husband is supportive of this wish. But the wait is getting difficult and I'm not sure what to do. I've read that the natural process can take from two to six weeks. An additional complication: we have a vacation planned at the end of this week (it was going to be a "last hurrah" for just the two of us) and I am worried about miscarrying then... away from home and my regular doctors, not to mention long flights to-and-from. My husband said this morning, "Maybe your body will just reabsorb things and the MC won't be bad..." I've been looking for info about this online, but not finding anything to support that idea. Thankfully, my emotional state is improving-- all I could do at first was cry everyday-- and I am feeling strong in that respect. But I'm increasingly concerned about "practical matters." Does anyone have shared experience, information, or advice?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I had a miscarriage when my kids were 8 & 3. It was a very sad experience, but I opted for the surgery instead of waiting for the inevitable. There are many good reasons to do this, but for me I did not want to risk the possibility of hemorraging, which my doctor assured me is a risk for any of us, even someone like me who is in excellent health. If you were my friend or sister I'd say to go talk to your doctor again and ask about the possibility of continued and dangerous bleeding - no to mention possible infection. All of those things led me to the D & C. Looking back, I"m glad I did.

All the best to you!

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
Owner, Nutrabeautiful eMag

B
B
I am so sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages last year, both stopped developing at around 6 weeks too. Like you I had to travel during the first one and was in France when finally at 11 weeks i had a natural miscarriage. The 5 weeks of waiting for it to happen was very stressful, I was constantly checking my pants and with any tiny tingle I was convinced it was going to happen. When it finally did it was extremely painful and I was panicking about having to go to hospital in France. With the 2nd miscarriage, 4 months later I chose to have a D & C. It was quick and easy and meant I could get over the emotional pain of it so much quicker. In hindsight I wish I'd had a D & C with the first one. If i were you I would have the D and C and just put it behind you. I'm now 14 weeks pregnant with what is looking like a very healthy baby so there is hope! I know how heartbreaking this is for you, but from experience I really would advise you not to prolong the pain by waiting for a natural miscarriage...best of luck to you!

B
B
Hello I am new to this site, and in January of this year I too miscarried at 8 weeks however our baby only measured 6 wks and 2 days. We had went to the doctor the previous week and saw the babies heartbeat but they asked for us to come back the nest week to confirm but the baby hadn't grown and the heartbeat wa no longer. I opted to have a D&C because I felt it would allow me to move forward. Of course I did take time to mourn our loss and we waiting to have intercourse until our follow up appointment 1 wk later.My OB confirmed that we could begin trying right away if we wanted to, we talked this over and have decided to do so. Lab results confirmed that the baby had trisomy 16 which my ob said was the most common reason for 1st trimester miscarriages. I was very thankful. Not only was it nothing that was congenital but the chances in it happening again is 1 in 100000. So now you know my story but my question is this it's been nearly 3.5 wks and have no signs of a menses I have been using opk's since the beginning of February thinking that my hcg levels were more than likely not at zero(but who knows) a couple of the test could have been positive but not certain. When should I expect my menses after d&c or ovulation?

Moderated by  Christine - Miscarriage 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.