Print Thread
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Agatha Christie fans will be thrilled to know filming has begun for the ITV televised adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express starring the beloved David Suchet as Hercule Poirot.

Sources report Suchet was joined by a star-studded international cast. They are filming on location in Malta and London. An air date is yet to be announced.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That is so cool! I love that story, and I really enjoy the all-star-cast movie version that came out a while back. I have that one on DVD.

It's neat they're doing a new one!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
H
hkp Offline
H
It is very boarding...

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Have you seen the 1974 production of Murder on the Orient Express? It has an outstanding "international" cast, which includes Sir John Guilgud (I believe pre-dating his "Sir" days), Dame Wendy Hiller (pre-dating her "Dame" days), Vanessa Redgrave, Sean Connery, Ingrid Bergman, Anthony Perkins, Lauren Bacall, Michael York, Martin Balsam, Jacqueline Bisset, Jean-Pierre Cassel, Rachel Roberts, Richard Widmark... The list absolutely goes on and on, doesn't it?!?

Albert Finney does an excellent job as Hercule Poirot, pre-dating David Suchet making the Poirot character his very own!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Danna, I did see the 1974 film. It is spectacular. It is the reason I try to get a train that has a dining car when I travel. It does not have the glamour but the last time I did this there was real cloth on the tables and real china (and wine) wink

Now that you mention it, I think I will check to see if it available on DVD.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Vannie, that sounds like a great way to travel. I also will check DVD (on Netflix). Hopefully it is available.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Vannie,

That does sound like a great way to travel. I can't imagine real cloth on tables... Most of the places I eat have those sheets of paper on the tables... (So that the waiters/waitresses can introduce themselves while writing their names upside down...)It seems like the restaurant owners don't even want to spring for plastic tablecloths!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I can't wait to see the movie! I loved the original and I always love Agatha Christi movies and TV shows.

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.