Next Thread
Print Thread
#581413 01/29/10 12:30 PM
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
For some reason, I think of Imbolc as the first warm-up and stretch as we head toward spring. It's when I want to start planning a list of what seeds I want to plant and where, etc. I start looking for early sales on supplies and I look longingly at my yard and think of all the wonderful clean up projects I can get started.

But here's something that came to me yesterday... without getting too personal, I've made the decision not to have children and got my tubes tied. I'm happy with this decision and part of my inner counseling with the God and Goddess was this: "I give my fertility back to you so that you may use it for the earth. May the life I may have given go back into the earth to grow and be plentiful."

It put a new spin in my mind on things like Ostara and Beltane when our main thoughts go toward reproduction, not just human, of course, but of all nature. I didn't want to give the impression that I was throwing this gift back in the face of the Universe, but maybe hoping it could be seen as an energetic recycling.

I have no regrets, it just got me to thinking... I feel a special bond for some reason with Imbolc and Brigid, and while I didn't intentionally plan it so close to the holiday, I felt a certain comfort knowing that she was so near to hear my thoughts and keep the doctor's hands steady.

Anyway, again, just my thoughts...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Apple Blossom, your decision will be blessed. I just know it. Thank you for sharing your decision. I feel honoured (even though I know you weren't speaking just to me). Namaste

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
That's a beautiful way to think about it, Apple Blossom!

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.