Next Thread
Print Thread
#563684 11/11/09 08:55 AM
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
New article about mandated uniforms is posted. Do you have this rule where you work? What do you think about the impact it has on patient satisfaction and RN behavior?

Julie Reeser, Nursing Editor
Nursing Website
Nursing Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Here's the article direct link! That makes it easy for people to read smile

Mandated Uniforms

I do like the idea of people in a hospital wearing clothes that makes you easily identify they are a hospital worker, so you can grab them and ask questions. I.e. I wouldn't want them all wearing street clothes. Sort of like I like the idea of police officers wearing uniforms so they're easy to spot.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
What stood out to me, as mom to a son with severe communication problems, is that this is a major step in the right direction. Colors are easy to identify, and universally known.

Anyone, regardless of ability to speak/hear or of their native language would be able to know what you and others do at the hospital right away. As far as I'm concerned the patient satisfaction level just shot up!

Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
CEO, Nutrabeautiful, Inc.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
From a consumer stand point, I think it's a great idea. It's really difficult to tell who's who in a hospital setting anymore. Name tags are often difficult to read and many times flip around so they are not viable to the customer.

Being able to quickly tell a RN from an aid or lab tech from a distance is great and could make a world of difference to someone who needs to locate a trained professional quickly.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I guess one question would be how the visitors / patients would know what everything meant. Would they be given a color chart when they came into the hospital?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
L
L
As a nurse, I wonder if this is a positive step? We do this, but it has not seemed to have any impact on patients knowing who is who. Many miss the colorful tops, especially with holiday themes. I say it is a step in the wrong direction.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
As a former hospital RN I didn't like being forced to wear a particular color. My department always got a color that I either hated or looked terrible in. Employee morale was highest when we were able to choose our own scrub colors. Patients and families can always identify a person in scrubs, no matter the color, and anyone who is asked a question should be happy to answer it or find someone who can. I think forced colors are a bad idea for nurses.

Obviously, if you work in a clean unit where the scrubs are provided and put on after you get to work, that's a different story. My opinion on free choice refers to general floor nurses.

Last edited by Helen Doll Making Editor; 01/23/10 11:42 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.