Marilyn Wann (Fat!SO? author, activist) contacted me and asked to pass this information along to you.

Quote:
Hi:

An important hearing on height/weight civil rights is happening in Massachusetts this month! You can help make history!!!

The bill, sponsored by Rep. Byron Rushing, is called H. 1850 � An Act Making It Unlawful to Discriminate on the Basis of Height and Weight. The hearing happens Wednesday, January 27, at 10:30am in Hearing Room A-2 of the Boston State House.

If you � or anyone you know � can attend and testify in support of the bill, that's wonderful! Please let me know.

You can also help by sending an email � quick and easy and very effective!

Include in your email:

1. A statement of support.

For example:
I support H. 1850. I strongly encourage Massachusetts lawmakers to vote for this bill and enact much-needed protection against height/weight discrimination.

2. For extra credit: Tell your story of height or weight discrimination!
- especially discrimination in employment, education, housing, medical care, or public accommodations, the areas the law would cover

3. Optional: Offer your expertise regarding the extent and the impact of height or weight discrimination.

Send your email to Rushing's legislative aide Tracy Choi: Tracy.Choi@state.ma.us

IF you also bcc your email to Marilyn [marilyn{at}fatso.com]she'll award an autographed copy of her book Fat!So to the 100th person (and each 100 after that).

"Please forward this message to your friends and networks!!!"