Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
rtemis, xmeecosmic, MrsBunny, mucarito, mryannlgn
57113 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57113 Members
417 Forums
112809 Topics
798418 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 929
Beetlemess 545
Nancy Roussy 219
Karm - SW USA Editor 187
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 149
Dianne W - Editor 87
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 87
Mystic - Romance Movies 87
Tracy - Philosophy 83
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#577226 - 01/11/10 06:18 PM Book Club?
Leslie- Wicca Editor Offline
Amoeba

Loc: Ohio
Would anyone be interested in doing a book club? There are a lot of books that I have read lately that I would love to have other people discuss with.

Add Book Club? to Twitter Add Book Club? to Facebook Add Book Club? to MySpace Add Book Club? to Del.icio.us Digg Book Club? Add Book Club? to Yahoo My Web Add Book Club? to Google Bookmarks Add Book Club? to Stumbleupon Add Book Club? to Reddit
#577320 - 01/11/10 09:46 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Leslie- Wicca Editor]
sonally Offline

Loc: New England
yes, i would be interested, depending on the books.... how expensive or available at libraries!

Edited by sonally (01/11/10 09:47 PM)

Add Re: Book Club? to Twitter Add Re: Book Club? to Facebook Add Re: Book Club? to MySpace Add Re: Book Club? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Book Club? Add Re: Book Club? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Book Club? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Book Club? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Book Club? to Reddit
#577532 - 01/12/10 08:38 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Leslie- Wicca Editor]
Sulverna Offline
Amoeba

Loc: OhIo
I think you should just go ahead and post you thoughts on the books, people will respond.

Add Re: Book Club? to Twitter Add Re: Book Club? to Facebook Add Re: Book Club? to MySpace Add Re: Book Club? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Book Club? Add Re: Book Club? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Book Club? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Book Club? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Book Club? to Reddit
#577748 - 01/13/10 05:58 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Sulverna]
Amoeba

Here are a few of my suggestions:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Wicca and Witchcraft

- I taught a Wicca 101 class with this book. A lot of people don't like the Idiot's guides books because of the name but it is an excellent starting point!

Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft by Ray Buckland

- I like this book because it already has questions in each chapter.

Wiccan Mysteries by Raven Grimasi

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner and Living Wicca: A Further Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunnigham

-These are also great starting points. Anything by Cunningham is worth having in your library!

Any other suggestions??

#577758 - 01/13/10 06:30 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Leslie- Wicca Editor]
tickle me gold Offline

I enjoy reading autobiographical books by Sybil Leek. Positive Magic by Marion Weinstien (sp?) is an excellent book for beginners.

#577759 - 01/13/10 06:33 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: tickle me gold]
Amoeba

Ah yes, Sybil Leek's books are great but can be hard to find. Great suggestion!

#577761 - 01/13/10 06:37 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Leslie- Wicca Editor]
wench Offline

I would really love to have a forum that would not only share thoughts on new books(or old)with substance, but also spells, recipes, crafts, stores and websites,discussing pros and cons of each. Or even selling used books to each other. Everything I seem to see anymore is old "stuff"...would love to have new, refreshing ideas!

#577771 - 01/13/10 06:55 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: wench]
Amoeba

wench - that is my aim for this forum and the main website this forum is linked too. Please feel free to start new topics in the forum with questions and starting conversations!!

#577780 - 01/13/10 07:43 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: Leslie- Wicca Editor]
wench Offline

Ok, one topic that is close to my heart is locating hard to find items. Certain spells and recipes call for certain things that are not easy to come by, or even locate a source. If forum readers put out there what they are looking for, maybe other readers have it, make it or can tell the person where to find it. That goes for books, also.

#577808 - 01/13/10 10:11 PM Re: Book Club? [Re: wench]
MoiraK Offline

The book club is a wonderful idea. I loved the Idiot's Guide. I'm new to the path and I found It excellent and it covers so much. I think it would be a great book for the book club.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
3 seconds ago
Ferguson Keeps Race Relations in theSpotlight
by Yvonnie-Inspired
African-American Culture
8 minutes 38 seconds ago
What do you Have for Breakfast?
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 11:59 AM
Comets
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 11:43 AM
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:42 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 11:40 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 11:37 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 11:33 AM
Blind Moon Alley Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Today at 07:25 AM
Year of the Dragon Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Today at 07:09 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Mona - Astronomy, Yvonnie-Inspired), 127 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.