Print Thread
#571074 12/16/09 11:00 PM
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I took a grant writing class a year or so ago and there were some ladies in the group who operated a riding school for handicapped or emotionally affected children or adults. Do you get involved with the public sector like that? It sounded very interesting. Evidently the horses and riding were very helpful to their clients.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
I used to volunteer at a therapeutic riding center but it has since shut down. There are others now and they are well staffed with paid personell as well as volunteers.

Riding is very therapeutic both physically and mentally. Riding a horse at a walk gently manipulates all of the muscles in a person's body, keeps the circulation going and also makes most everyone smile - both riders and handlers - it is quite wonderful to watch a person with physical disabilities, someone that hasn't been able to walk on their own for many years or perhaps since birth, get up on a horse and all of a sudden realize that they still are able to do something. And of course most horses involved in such programs are true gentle giants and tolerate very well the attention lavished upon them by all of their riders.

Last edited by Susan - horses; 12/16/09 11:14 PM.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I was away over the holidays and we visited a ranch for Christmas day. People were given the opportunity to ride horses. Some, who hadn't ridden in years seized the moment. It is something, as you say, that brings smiles.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.