logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Just thought I'd like to share a few tips in making candle fragrance oil: * Include additives that are oil based to infuse the fragrance oil and essential oil into the wax. * Gather information about candle scents and blend them at the right concentration otherwise the candle will get damaged and greasy. * Candle scents can be synthetic, pure essential oils or blends of fragrances and oils. Fragrance oils combine well with each other. * Add the drops of fragrance oil just before pouring the melted candle wax into the molds to avoid evaporation of the scent. * One can also use fresh or dried flowers to make candle fragrance oil.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
It's a nice tips Geline, I would like to apply that one in my candle works, because here is what I have always do. First of which, I will measure out my scent in accordance to the wax I have chosen. Each wax has a different fragrance threshold, so I should examine this during the process of choosing my actual project. For instance, I wouldn't want to have a 7% fragrance threshold in a low density gel wax. This would not only make the fragrance too strong in the candle, but it would also compromise the integrity of the candle causing it to burn poorly and become a fire hazard. Thank you Angela

C
C
Unlike the dyes, you can't use fragrances for paraffin-based candles. Those scents that aren't specifically created for the gel candle may, once you place them in the melted gel, cloud your finished product. They may ultimately create a fire hazard by lowering the flashpoint of the gel. ___________________ They say confession is good for the soul. I'm not sure that's true, but I do have a confession to make: I am not a naturally born craft aficionado. [url=http://www.candlemakingguide.com.au/]Candle Making Guide[/url]

Last edited by craftsmaster; 08/05/10 02:00 AM.
Gecko
Gecko
I get all my fragrance oils from Wellington Fragrance. The few candles I made, smelled great. They have a few different strenghts to choose from. One is just for perfumes and is a little lighter. The other ones are for candles and other scent makers.

Now, I also made a few gel candles and did not scent them. Are there different scents for gel vs soy/paraffin?

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Yes Robin there are different scents for gel vs. soy/paraffin. When ordering your fragrance oils always make sure they are marked as having been gel tested and safe.

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.