Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
fit4fashion, ashjoielee, johnnie55, uveuleurz, Noitartst
57308 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57309 Members
417 Forums
113288 Topics
803699 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 558
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 279
Jana - Creativity Editor 268
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 81
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 61
Dorcy 55
Nancy Roussy 52
Linu 47
Sandra Investing/HFinance 46
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#576337 - 01/08/10 03:28 AM Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips?
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

So many of us are really busy in our lives and it's sometimes really hard to get time to quilt. I've just written an article on Making time to Quilt on the Quilt Website. Pop over and have a read.

In the meantime, do you have any good ideas for making time to quilt, even when you're time poor? Add your tip here and it will help all our Bellaonline readers.

cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Twitter Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Facebook Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to MySpace Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Del.icio.us Digg Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Yahoo My Web Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Google Bookmarks Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Stumbleupon Add Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Reddit
#576393 - 01/08/10 12:49 PM Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
conniem Offline
Koala

Loc: oklahoma
I tried to find your article, but missed it somehow. I did enjoy the quilting terms article though. I have been working on a quilt lately and I seem to work in the evening or bargain with myself...hurry and do housework and ect and have time to quilt! My hubby seems to think that is all I do (working on quilt) as I sew in the evening. I usually sew during football and have come to love football games! Connie

Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Twitter Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Facebook Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to MySpace Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Reddit
#577812 - 01/13/10 11:08 PM Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? [Re: conniem]
koolkatquilting Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Judie, You are so right! Unless we make "an appointment" for ourselves in this busy world the things which are important to us, but not urgent never get done! As a professional quilter, I love quilting, it is my world. However, I found that my paying customers are always getting priority, and so they should! I really wanted to work on my own exhibition quilt, so I made a rule that every week day morning I would just work for one hour FIRST in the day on this project. If you would like to see it, visit my blog BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Twitter Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Facebook Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to MySpace Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? to Reddit
#577815 - 01/13/10 11:34 PM Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? [Re: koolkatquilting]
Chrisbris Offline

For me, having my sewing machine always set up & not having to "tidy up" my sewing, means, I can sew for 10 mins or 10 hours (who would have that luxury or the stamina!). I am fortunate in that my sewing area is shared with my office (we work from home) - so I look at my machine all the time. Sometimes, it sits & taunts me - I should be doing officework & it's saying - "Come & play!". I agree with you Judie, have those little projects that you can take are wonderful - now I just have to get organised enough to have all those little porjects ready!

#577926 - 01/14/10 12:54 PM Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? [Re: Chrisbris]
Penny at Patchwork Angel Offline

Yes, it is always hard to allocate time to yourself whether it be for stitching or just sitting during the day with a good book. Running the shop all week selling beautiful fabrics is certainly inspiring.My hubby always says I am a nicer person to be around after I have spent an afternoon in my sewing room. That should be reason enough to allocate time don't you think. I spend time in my sewing room to make my husband happy!!! Penny The Patchwork Angel

#681100 - 04/24/11 11:44 PM Re: Making time to Quilt. Have you any tips? [Re: Penny at Patchwork Angel]
gammy Offline

Loc: Sunshine Coast Australia
I can make time to quilt by having my sewing room set up and ready to go. I have a couple of projects on the go so I can go with hte mood I am in. I also sew during sport on telly - my hubby feels he is a quilting widower at times. He also supports my addiction as I am definitely a happier person when I have been sewing. My kids all think I am a quilting nerd - they just don't "get" the pleasure it brings out in me. They do however love the quilt presents! Deb

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Word From Last Letter Game
by "Rosie"
Contests & Sweepstakes
1 second ago
Music ABC game
by "Rosie"
Pop Music
2 minutes 33 seconds ago
Some links won't work this week!
by Cheryll - Bahá'í Life
Baha'i Faith
18 minutes 27 seconds ago
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
50 minutes 3 seconds ago
Body image in the fashion industry
by EmmaIsherwood
Body Image
Today at 01:09 PM
Birth control without the uncomfy "check-up"
by fit4fashion
Gynecology
Today at 12:50 PM
Online thrifting! Designer clothes starting at $5!
by fit4fashion
Frugal Living
Today at 12:46 PM
Server Problems
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Crochet
Today at 12:11 PM
New game - Quote it
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Creativity
Today at 12:09 PM
Boston Bruins afghan pattern to crochet
by Melissa - Crochet Editor
Crochet
Today at 10:56 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered ("Rosie", Cheryll - Bahá'í Life, Dianne W - Editor), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.