Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
khajiitjess, Anthony Roman, Eleanor Cocreham, Dr M Jordaan, Ketan bhargav
56545 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56545 Members
417 Forums
111391 Topics
785786 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 284
Nancy Roussy 164
loongdragon 162
Rosie 66 143
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 140
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 97
James Andrew 94
Lestie4containergardens 59
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 54
Lisa - Buddhism 50
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#571335 - 12/18/09 04:22 AM The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestions??
Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Offline
Koala

Loc: Huron, South Dakota
I just added the 95th article written by me since Sept this year, I am certainly open to suggestions. What would you like to see that I have missed? What would you like to see more of? I would love to have your feedback; it would help a great deal.

Stay safe!

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Twitter Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Facebook Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to MySpace Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Del.icio.us Digg The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Yahoo My Web Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Google Bookmarks Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Stumbleupon Add The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestions?? to Reddit
#571417 - 12/18/09 04:03 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
YogaEditor Offline
Gecko

Hey Diana,
I did a search on this, but didn't come up with anything, so I'm not sure if you've already covered this subject. It's about what are called "teacup" Yorkshire Terriers. This dog is not an exotic pet, but some breeders have tried to make it that by mating the "runts" of litters to create these terribly small dogs.

Many of them only reach an adult weight of only 2 or 3 lbs. and this is unhealthy for the animal, and creates all kinds of problems. Not the least of which is that often fall prey to larger animals and are an easy target for hunting birds as well.

I got a Yorkie last Christmas, a standard one, and in the books I have about this breed it says that many vets and breeders alike are warning people about buying this "teacup" yorkie. There is no such sub-breed, and this is just being used as a way to put outrageous prices on these tiny animals. One of my books says there is a growing movement aiming to outlaw forcing these dogs to be so tiny.

I've been telling people I know about this since I got my little dog - who, at 7.5 lbs is already small enough!

Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Twitter Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Facebook Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to MySpace Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Stumbleupon Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Reddit
#571489 - 12/18/09 06:56 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: YogaEditor]
Koala

I observed what happened to dogs that were bred too small. My cousin bought a tiny poodle, don�t even remember the term used but it was smaller than a teacup. The poor little thing fell off the couch at their house and broke its neck. The dog was taken to the veterinarian, they were told to keep it in a kennel about as small as it was. The dog�s neck healed and it survived. It almost didn�t survive when it visited me in Northern Minnesota. We had all kinds of birds of prey, primarily bald eagles. I told them not to let the dog down by itself, I caught one out of the corner of my eye and managed to startle the bird and the eagle missed. They took me serious after that incident. In my opinion, it is cruel to animals to breed that small. It isn�t right.

Though your suggestion is an excellent one and a topic that warrants an article and discussion I feel I would be stepping on Sandy�s toes. All the animal topics can easily fall under exotic. There are some cats that are surely exotic. But, I am using the definition of exotic pet as not being a domestic dog or a domestic cat. See, that word domestic covers my rear endy too just in case I feel the need to cover an exotic species within cat. It would be the same thing as people having fox or wolves as pets, which would surely come under exotic.

Thank you for your suggestion, I hope this dialogue can continue on this thread � it is an interesting discussion. Even the definition of what is an exotic pet has proven to be a great debatable topic.

Exotic Pets

Birds

Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Twitter Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Facebook Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to MySpace Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Del.icio.us Digg Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Yahoo My Web Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Google Bookmarks Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Stumbleupon Add Re: The 95th Exotic Pet  written by me - suggestio to Reddit
#571672 - 12/20/09 03:19 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
Calla Offline
Shark

lorrys squirrel genet more repitles oh, and you have conures will you eventually do something on sun conures?

#571683 - 12/20/09 03:46 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Calla]
george57 Offline

I vote for the Ragdoll cat that is certainly exotic isn't it? So few people know about the them and their gentle nature.

#572596 - 12/24/09 09:51 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: george57]
Koala

Lory is up, squirrel is written, genet I am researching, the ragdoll stole my blanket last night so am not talking to her lol....MORE suggestions!

Exotic Pets

Birds

#572933 - 12/26/09 10:23 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
reptilepop Offline
Jellyfish

I don't see anything on guinea pigs yet. How about the frill lizard or dragon?

#573225 - 12/28/09 05:00 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: reptilepop]
Calla Offline
Shark

Yah, how did you miss guinea pigs?

#573230 - 12/28/09 05:22 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Calla]
Koala

Guinea pigs I remember writing it quite a few weeks ago. I just never got around to getting it up online. I will do it tomorrow. If I remember right it is an awfully long one, I may need to make it into a few. Complex little critters. Got to make sure we have enough information to keep them happy, healthy, and wise.

Exotic Pets

Birds

#574502 - 12/31/09 06:32 PM Re: The 95th Exotic Pet written by me - suggestio [Re: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor]
george57 Offline

Guinea pigs made it out! Try something difficult like crayfish :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
The Goddess
by ancientflaxman
Spirituality
24 minutes 8 seconds ago
Mindfulness and Meditation in Plain English
by Lisa - Buddhism
Buddhism
Today at 07:55 PM
Father Hell - Astronomer
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 07:54 PM
My abortion coercion
by Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor
Pro-Choice
Today at 04:32 PM
Lost Dog help?
by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor
Pagan
Today at 03:52 PM
Vision Boards for Priorities
by JOY ( Self Development )
Self Development
Today at 03:37 PM
What did you SPEND money on today?
by Nancy Roussy
Frugal Living
Today at 03:34 PM
Favorite online site / service?
by Rosie 66
Online Services
Today at 02:48 PM
Living Joyfully by Choice
by Yvonnie-Inspired
Inspiration
Today at 02:36 PM
What Movie Did You See Yesterday?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
Today at 01:09 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Candyce - Adventure Living, Izeigo, ancientflaxman), 147 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.