logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
OP Offline
V
I want to learn Chinese very much as I found it is really interesting. I found a site www.masterchinese.com, an online Chinese teaching school. Anyone knows it? Is it good? Plz give me some ideas,tks!:-)

Last edited by Vivian Eton; 12/17/09 03:15 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
It looks expensive at $450 a class. Also, it teaches Mandarin Chinese only. I don't know if Mandarin is spoken more than Cantonese. I am not such it is worth the expense they charge. You could take a college course in Chinese for nearly the same price, maybe a little more. You could also buy language software for learning foreign languages for a lot less money, sometimes as low as $20.00.

V
OP Offline
V
I contacted with MasterChinese and was told that thay have courses 99$ for two weeks and 299$ for two months. So I think it is acceptable for me. I am too busy to go to a college for Chinese learning, so online school is a good choice for me. By the way, they also provide scholarships for qualified students. Maybe I can get one. :)

Last edited by Vivian Eton; 12/20/09 09:04 PM.
Parakeet
Parakeet
Still do you want to learn Mandarin or Cantonese? They teach Mandarin.

V
OP Offline
V
Actually I'd like to learn mandarin. As I know Cantonese is not so popular as Mandarin in China. :-)

Last edited by Vivian Eton; 12/23/09 03:48 AM.
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I would always recommend that you check out a number of online schools before you choose one. There are quite a few to choose from to learn Chinese. You seem to know what you want so I assume you have already checked out various schools and decided upon the Master Chinese school. Best of luck to you in your studies and do return to let us know how you make out and how you feel about that school after you have some experience with it.
In case you would like to check out more sites, here is a site that lists various online schools:
[url=http://learningchineseonline.net/]

Last edited by Elizabeth-Distance Learn; 12/23/09 02:17 PM.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
V
OP Offline
V
Hi, all, I took a free trial class with MasterChinese yesterday. The teacher was really kind and patient and their Chinese learning software is rather super. I enjoyed the free trial time so much! I can't wait to start my course so I decided to take the two-month course. I feel so lucky when I found the right one for me. I wll tell you more after I begin my classes.

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
Hi Vivian,
Thanks for letting us know and I hope you learn lots. It sounds like it is a great choice for you. We look forward to hearing about your experiences with it as you go.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
V
OP Offline
V
Hello, all. I am here again.:-) I had my first Chinese class on MasterChinee today. It's about basic Chinese, like simple greetigs,"ni hao", which means "hello" and basics of Chinese pronunciation and Chinese characters. I'm trying to learn to write my name in Chinese. But it is really hard.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Good Luck with your studies. Let us know how well you progress.

V
OP Offline
V

Last edited by Vivian Eton; 01/19/10 03:50 AM.
W
WQC Offline
W
I think learning something on line is good.These days I am learing Mandarin on line ,and I learn it well from the site. [url=http://www.mandarinclickbyclick.com/]Mandarin Chinese Online[/url]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.