logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Sioux Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I've been working with Tarot for a while now, but I'm still struggling to do a reading without the book. Is there some way to 'absorb' their meanings? I've heard people say that I need to just let the cards tell me what they want to say, but I guess I'm not attuned enough. Any advise is greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
tarots really heavy man, my friend she was like you can tell into the future and this? im like no way man and she accused me of disrespecting her human rights.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Good Evening and my apologies, I must have missed your post; your question is a very good one!

I had the same problem when I first began working with the Tarot but with some valuable insight from my tribal grandmother, I was able to learn that the real reason I was so stuck on the book was because I didn't have self trust.

My tribal grandmother taught me that we always respond and act
the way we are intended to for a reason according to the lessons we have to experience in our lives. Therefore knowing that information, I began to apply it to the Tarot and before I knew it, things flowed really well. Basically saying that whatever you intuit at the given time from each card that you pull whether it's for another person or yourself that information that you feel impelled to share or discern is what is intended and needed to be known.

Allowing yourself to go with your intuition or gut feelings is
more likely to be accurate than what is stipulated in the associated book which basically just entails the author's opinion of what it means. Our intuitive responses are most usually the most accurate interpretation.

Go with the flow, allow it to unfold and remember that if you're worrying about not doing very good then that's the result you'll most likely experience because you draw to yourself whatever your thoughts are so have confidence in knowing that whatever you say will be in the best interest and to the highest good of what the other individual needs to hear.

This is faith in yourself to discern whatever is needed to be
revealed, your intuition will help you channel what is needed whether it seems apparent at that given moment or not, at some point the cards will play themselves out in that person's life. Just relax and trust that the Universe will guide you and provide you with the knowledge that is needing to be heard by others when they consult the Tarot. Many blessings and
don't hesitate to ask more questions if you have any;)

To Your Divinatory Success!
Leslie Fulger
Tarot Site Editor
BellaOnline.com
S
Sioux Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks for your advise, Leslie! I will definitely try to learn to trust my intuition, but I have another question. Is it worth the 'trouble' to learn what the pictures mean? By this I mean, for example, what the Eight of Cups is intended to mean? I have a Goddess deck, and the book explains 'The moon has waned; the tide has gone out. Searching for more substantial fare, the woman leaves behing either empty cups she has drunken of.' Now, divining the meaning with my intuition is one thing, but should I take the time to know the explanations, or is this also something unnecessary?

Amoeba
Amoeba
Hopefully you realized that I took your question and turned it into an article a few weeks back and since then haven't had the time to spend online but wanted to let you know I did answer your question and it seemed easier to write an article since it happened to be on a day that I had to have one turned in anyway;) Thanks for your patience and I apologize for not having responded earlier via the forum. Here's a link to that article encase you missed it:

Becoming Receptive

Have a pleasant evening and hope that helps if not, let me know!;)

To Your Divinatory Success!
Leslie Fulger
Tarot Site Editor
BellaOnline.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.