This is a gift giving season for many, but there are many times during the year when we wish to show others our love by means of a thoughtful gift. My article this week gives some suggestions for students and others who have to live within a limited budget.

Online students are usually on fairly tight budgets. How do you find gifts for friends and relatives that you can afford? Here are some ideas for inexpensive and even some free gifts that will show people how much you care.

Gift Ideas for Student Budgets

"It's the thought that counts." This has become such a cliche that most people don't think about it any more and even use it when describing a gift for which no thought took place. I think that is too bad because because when you do think about it, it is so true. Money really has no relation to the feelings behind the gift being given. I think it is only the advertisers who have convinced so many people that bigger and more expensive shows your feelings more. Many people, not just students, need to rethink their reasons for giving and let that guide them in their choices.
I know the above article is just a start and that there are many more ideas out there. Do you have other ideas for giving gifts when your funds for gifts are limited? Please share them here for the benefit of all.

Last edited by Elizabeth-Distance Learn; 12/10/09 06:03 PM.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning