Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
After watching Twilight for the second time with my mother and fifteen year old sister, we all decided and agreed with my friends that Kristen Stewart is the biggest dissapointment in the Twilight movies. My mother then asked me if she was related to anyone due to her dire acting, and what do you know? Her father, John Stewart, is a stage manager and television producer who has worked for Fox & her mother, Jules Mann-Stewart, is a script supervisor. Could this be why the drab actress won such a prized role over much far talented actors and other superior unknowns I'm sure, because I couldn't find one endearing quality about her performance. I've read the book and she showed no passion of the character, so does anyone agree or disagree?

TWILIGHT MOVIE REVIEW

Last edited by Horror_Movies_Editor; 12/09/09 08:46 AM.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Stephen, you need to read my review of "New Moon", LOL! We seem to share many of the same opinions - with the exception that I think that Pattinson is as dull as Stewart.

My daughter and I were watching the dance movie "Step Up 2; The Streets" and we have decided that the 2 main characters from that movie ought to play Bella and Edward from now on! grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Michelle, I agree that Pattinson is not much better LOL - but in regards to Twilight, at least he showed emotion etc. and showed some acting skills, besides his character is meant to be quite with held I thought. I just didn't think Stewart gave anything, she just had the same expression the entire way through the movie "gormless" as one of my friends said LOL - her mouth open, she didn't act in love, she didn't even seem to care when she got stabbed or attacked - plus she's just so drab. I know I sound like I'm coming down hard on her, but that's three different generations who all felt the same way LOL - and you and your daughter agree too.
She makes me laugh in the movie when she tells Edward he looks white as snow - and she looks even worse, she's also far too thin I feel in the film. My sister pointed out that the only healthy looking girl was Rosalie? The blonde sister who shared my views on Bella? LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh, I am not disputing Stewart at all - she's horrid - in both movies. My 12 year old is having fits about her being the one to play Bella! We are talking a die-hard, true-blue "Twilight" fan here. Jordan could quote the books to you!

Of course she is totally in love with Taylor Lautner (Jacob) - when he took his shirt off (the first time) I thought the child was going to melt out of her seat. And I heard about 50 other little pubescent girls go "ooooohhhhhhhh! ahhhhhhhhhh!"

Then the squealing at the end of the movie (won't give away the last line - but if you've seen it - you know. I was about to roll on the floor of the theatre.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Just read the review - it's so funny, you sound like you had the conversation with us last night "blah" sums it up. Taylor Lautner does seem to be the best thing about it - and again I'm slating Kristen here - but why oh why on Earth would all of those guys be interested in her??? She looks like she needs a good meal, some fake tan, a make over etc etc. If I was Edward, I'd have fed on that great smelling blood and left her dull as dishwater personality for the wolves (not that they'd have her either IMO) - can you imagine spending an eternity with that bore? LOL "Fight over her" They should be fighting over who gets to have her LOL
Yep, I went there haha

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I agree with you guys - when I read the book, she was described as pretty & enticing - Stewart just can't and doesn't seem to want to pull it off. Where are all the hot young actors?? Agree, Alice is much better too!! It's just such a shame that they couldn't get better actors in for the fans.

They're obviously trying to go for Buffy and Angel - well they're not even achieving a quarter of it. There's no chemistry - I could rant about this for ages - because everyones going on like it's this fantastic adaption and the actors are God's gift. If her squeling is anything like her stuttering in the bed at the end of Twilight when Ed's gonna leave - I can imagine. I really hope they at least re-cast Bella for the next two movies (which I'm pretty certain we'll have) though I highly doubt it - Hollywood seems to think it can convince us of things. I remember how "beautiful" poor Jennifer Aniston was until Brad did the dirty on her, then she turned into "the plain girl next door" - Hollywood is so hypocritical with its stars. I'd be pleased though if they could just get her to act LOL, considering she's the "star"

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Koala
Koala
Rosalie was the only ray of sunshine in the whole movie. Everyone else had a bad case of droopy. And that is my scientific opinion lol.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, it was all a bit Tim Burton esque at times LOL - especially with Edwards one brother looking like Sweeney Todd with his bulging eyes LOL. They didn't make enough of Rosalie -in the 1st - still can't get anyone to see the second with me LOL frown she was a really strong character and could actually act, plus she wasn't emaciated. Also, we shared the same views on Bella LOL

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.