logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Public speaking is a great way to promote your business. But, many people experience fear and anxiety over speaking to groups. You CAN overcome those fears! I did! This article has some of my favorite tips on Overcoming Fear of Public Speaking.

I had way too many tips for one article and am working on a series on public speaking. What are some of your tips for overcoming the fear? Are you afraid to speak in public?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Good artcile, Deb. You have some very helpful tips in there.

I overcame my fear of public speaking by accident. I was at a seminar workshop for our classified staff of a college and we were going to surprise the outgoing president by honoring her with a speech and a gift. The gift was bought by donations from all the members and was ready to give. Only one problem, the woman who was to give the speech forgot to write something up. Since I was the rep that put out the monthly newsletter, the committee asked me to give a little speech in honor of the out-going president. I was terrified! I had nothing prepared, but knew the woman well, took several deep breaths, walked up on the stage and gave a speech that included all the accomplishments and improvements made and the background of the woman - and this was done in front of over 100 people! The woman was very surprised and honored and received a standing ovation. The only problem was that my co-committee people thought I did so well that they volunteered me often to give other speeches.
Since then, I have had no problems speaking in front of groups.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 11/30/09 02:54 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Zebra
OP Offline
Zebra
Phyllis, that's a great story. It's kind of like getting thrown in the pool to learn to swim! Ha!

Moderated by  CarlaCano-Walking Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.