This Thanksgiving we enjoyed playing a game called Apples to Apples and got to know other dinner guests better. There are many versions of this game, including a Junior Version and one where you can print out your own cards.

I especially liked "Apples to Apples" because anyone can play, and there is plenty of time for conversation and joking around as whoever is 'judge' that turn decides which card matches the target card best (or worst). It's fun to know why people choose the cards they do.

My son's current favorite is Rummikub, also available in many varieties - one with larger number tiles; in a hand held electronic game; a Junior game and a Disney Kids version.

If you browse for games at the Amazon links above, you can choose to search for the 'best-selling' games to find new ones your family might enjoy. I appreciate the Reader Comments there. Local department stores and other retailers often have games on sale during the holiday season. They can also be found at good prices at thrift stores, so it does help to shop around.

If your family has a favorite board game or card game you enjoy playing at family get-togethers, please let us know here.

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Family Games for Parties - Social and Educational
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art64579.asp

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website