Next Thread
Print Thread
#564895 11/16/09 05:35 PM
S
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
S
This year we are doing Thanksgiving at my place and I am a little nervous because our kitchen is small so I am trying to make as much stuff ahead of time as possible. On the Scott Common Sense Community blog there is a recipe for spinach balls which can be frozen - they sound really good and I will probably try them out. Anyone else have any great recipes that can be made and then defrosted before Thanksgiving?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Yes. I make a pumpkin bread with condensed mincemeat added. It's important not to use the type in the jar, but the boxed type made by Bordens and perhaps other companies.

This recipe can easily be doubled and I usually do that as I then add a full box of mincemeat and a whole can of pumpkin puree. You can use fresh pumpkin too, but I honestly can't tell the difference.

Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Stay healthy,

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Last edited by YogaEditor; 11/16/09 06:59 PM.
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I wish I had seen this post prior to the holiday. I know it is a little late for Thanksgiving but maybe some of my ideas will help for Christmas.

I made Martha Stewart's totally homemade greenbean casserole this year and fried the shallots the day before and sauteed the veggies the day before. It made assembly very easy. I also made the sweet potato casserole and warmed fruit compote the day before. When ready to cook the next day I just sat them on the counter for 30 minutes and then put them in the oven according to the recipe. I also have a recipe for refrigerator yeast rolls which is super easy. I make the dough the day before and place it in the frig. The next day, when ready to bake, I put them in the pan about 2 hours before baking, let them rise, and then bake as usual. The great part about these rolls is that you don't have to bake them all at once so we have freshly baked rolls with all of our leftovers for the next few days. I also baked my breadcrumbs for the stuffing the day before.

Hope this helps. Would love to hear everyone else's tips and ideas.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Nancy, the spiced pumpkin recipe sounds great. I ended up making too much pumpkin bread this year so I put it in the freezer yesterday. I think some sort of pumpkin bread pudding would be great. I found a recipe online and will try it but if anyone else has any other ideas for leftover pumpkin bread I would love to hear them. Thanks.

Moderated by  Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.