logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#564827 11/16/09 01:49 PM
S
OP Offline
S
[b] [/b] [i] [/i] Does any1 have any advice, for who I can contact, that would have any intrest in helping me tell my story and get it out to the girls/women who need it most?? I am looking to help with research, articles, legislation, & ultimatley writing a book about my story. I want to get my voice out there, I want my story heard, I want them to know that ppl like me do exist, we are real, & it is serious. Without getting in too much detail here...At the age of 14 my mother forced me to have an abortion. At age 18, we became estranged, & while estranged she died in 2004. Ive been happily married 15 yrs, & have 3 glorious children. I also have had Severe depression with suicidal ideations since I was 14. I have developed OCD, Severe panic, anxiety,post abortion syndrome (some dont consider real) post traumatic stress disorder & ultimatley agoraphobia. I want my suffering to end the suffering of others..

Sponsored Post Advertisement
SuzanneGrey #566323 11/22/09 02:16 PM
C
Shark
Shark
C
Its important to understand the past, as long as you don't dwell on it. you're being WAY too hard on yourself. My husband had an abusive father, so he swore not to repeat his father's "mistakes" (thats putting it mildly) and he didn't. All three of his kids are now well adjusted adults. the fact you have 3 wonderful children underlines my point. Start from there. get up EVERY morning, look in the mirror and say aloud- I am a good, decent human being. Do this for a straight month and you'll find yourself not having to take all kinds of meds to get through the day.

Cindy L Merrill
Cindy #566338 11/22/09 03:28 PM
C
Shark
Shark
C
I'll add one more thing- a lady who volunteers at a womans' shelter told our church group that 75% of their residents end up going back to their abusive husbands/boyfriends. Its disturbing, to say the least. If you write your book, please include a chapter on self esteem and independence- apparently, not enough of our sisters out there believe in themselves.

Last edited by Cindy; 11/22/09 03:29 PM.

Cindy L Merrill

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.