#557220 10/18/09 01:17 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I liked your article on Psychic Vampires I realized recently that a very good friend of mine--one that I've had for years--is an enemy to my peace of mind. She tries to suck the life blood from people. And she moves from victim to victim.

I'll continue to be friends with her, but I know now that I need to protect my neck--and have plenty of garlic and holy water--when I'm around her. LOL.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Thanks, Leah. There really are some people around like that. Just don't stand too close to her for that's how she gains her energy!

Some psychic vampires have extraordinary abilities and powers. They can "come out of body" and pay a "visit." (The visitation is akin to the "Old Hag" syndrome of folklore.)

These attacks are terrifying to those who have had them. The victim feels as though they're being suffocated by a "presence" sitting on their chest. The terror is so much so that it is paralyzing. (Hearing the sound of footsteps, or sandpaper prior to the attack is common.)

I myself have experienced this type of visitation twice; as a teen and just a few years ago. Thankfully my visitor didn�t make it to my chest, but it has an ironic ending.

It was �in the middle of the night�, when I �awoke� to the sound of footsteps and felt the most horrific presence right there next to my bed. I was absolutely terrified and confused. At first I thought that maybe someone broke into my house and was standing over me; I didn�t know what they were going to do.

I was scared to death and I couldn�t move� I was paralyzed. My heart was pounding right out of my chest. Somehow I was able to peek through one eye, at least I think I did, and what I saw almost defies words. It was not a physical human presence, and the only way I can concisely describe what I perceived to have seen, is that it looked somewhat like Blackbeard the pirate. (I know it seems funny.) But whoever or whatever it was by the side of my bed was nothing but pure EVIL. That I could feel. I had to overcome my fear and terror and I remember saying somewhere inside me, �just move, Michelle, move anything�a hand, a foot, anything, just move something!� Somehow, and I don�t know how, I was able to alter my consciousness and break free by moving �and like that it was gone! (It sounds easy, but it wasn�t.)

I was a wreck afterwards and scared-to-death to go to sleep for some time. I will end this �visitation� experience by saying this: I have no idea what came to visit me that evening, or who may have sent it. Now for the irony. No sooner than two weeks later did I almost die because of an unsuspected ectopic pregnancy. Perhaps what I saw was not so much an "Old Hag" but the "Angel of Death." Or perhaps it really was Blackbeard because the name of the street I lived on was named after him. (I searched for any local �lore� if Blackbeard had indeed visited the area when he was alive, but was unable to find any information.)

I sincerely hope your friend doesn't have that kind of ability. But if she does and you are attacked like I described, somehow find the way to alter your conscious and move a part of your body, whether a hand or foot. Any bodily movement will break "the spell" and send the presence packing.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
Wow, that is some story. I had a friend in college who used to say she'd feel suffocating presence sometimes and it was paralyzing as well. She said she would pray and it would go away.

It's like what is more frightening, an actual burgler or another sort of "presence" entering your home.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
When I wrote that post I had just "discovered" that what I experienced a few years ago is something that many others have experienced, as well.

Those who conduct studies on sleep link certain symptoms of a visitation with other sleep disorders, however, there are other factors that people experience, such as the sound of footsteps, that just can't be figured it out. It is pretty much recognized that there is merit to the people's experience and not to be denied. Hence, when an "old hag" visits it's either a "demon" or someone with extraordinary "psychic vampire" knowhow. The ability to perform such a feat is for the "well-seasoned" and very strong minded. They prey on those who "allow" them to continue night after night. I hope your friend doesn't have them anymore. They are, to say the least,a horrendous bone chilling experience.

Looking at some old drawings of an "Old Hag visitation" made me realize that my "Blackbeard" looked very similar to the depictions I came across.
And to be honest, I really did think someone was in my home. What stands out was the sound of the footsteps. When I think back on it...they sounded like a pair of shoes that were too big for someone.
My house was carpeted yet I heard that "clippity clop" sound coming from the front door, through the living room and right next to my bed! ( I was to afraid to move and was just praying that whoever it was would take what they wanted and go away..but when I "peeked" and saw this "figure" standing there I "freaked" inside! The hag never sat on my chest, but I remember being so petrified that I couldn't breath.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Now, I'm spooked again! LOL (When I wrote that first post I literally did not go to bed until the sun came up. Looks like it's gonna be another late night!)

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.