Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
How often do you check in on your chosen social networks?

I keep TweetDeck up and look at it every hour or so, usually to make a quick post in one of my streams about what I'm doing.

I keep FaceBook up but check it less often.

MySpace and LinkedIn I pretty much never check. Both are auto-updated from Twitter so they update regularly without much other work. I'll only go on there if I get a note from an editor requesting a link or something else in one of those areas.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Parakeet
Parakeet
S
Wow - I'm feeling pretty good if I check my Twitter account 3-4 times a week. I'm sure I don't have the traffic that you do but am now inspired to do at least a little bit better.

Susan Hopf
Horses and Animal Life site editor
Horses Website
Horses Forum
Animal Life Site
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Twitter works really well if you send out a post each day, because Twitter readers tend to check it daily. It keeps you on their radar and thinking about you. What many editors do is send out a quote a day, on their topic. You can even automate this with tools, so you just load it up with quotes and every day it sends out a different one. I'm sure there must be tons of horse quotes!

When you post a new article, of course, you can put that out for that day. And if you get any new forum threads, those are good to post about.

And finally of course if you personally do something horse related, people love to hear about that! So on my low carb thread I'll post about whatever low carb food item I'm eating, to give people ideas.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I check facebook most days, and frequently several times a day. I like to know what my family and friends are up to. I love seeing new status updates!

I go through periods where I am on Twitter non-stop talking to people, and then take long breaks from the whole place. Just how it seems to have worked out.

I don't check mySpace of LinkedIn unless I have a message send to my email inbox for something. I also do not check FriendFeed, although it really could replace checking each thing if i took the time to set it up properly. Some people only work with Friendfeed for that reason, and it really is useful.

About quotes: i don't like them. I want to hear what people are up to. If their posts are mostly quotes or links then I will unfollow on Twitter or hide them on Facebook. I like interaction, not homilies, or one-way self-promotion. If someone has a good mix of status updates, links, retweets, and responses to other people, then I feel happy to follow them on Twitter, and not hide them from my feed on Facebook.

Last edited by Jilly; 11/12/09 08:59 PM.
N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
I check Twitter a few times a day.

I hardly ever log in to Facebook anymore. (Twitter is just more fun.)

I haven't checked LinkedIn in ages, and I canceled my MySpace account months (maybe years?) ago.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly - that's interesting! Jeanne has gotten *large* traffic with her African quotes. I guess different people like different things! Just one a day doesn't seem too bad to me.

I know when I post quotes on my feeds, they very often get retweeted.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, I was wondering of someone was going to mention that about the African Proverbs! lol. To me, that is a different story, as you are definitely 'signing up' for 'sayings.'

With real people, though, I want real connections. A lot of tweeters I know HATE it when people put up quotes (we think of it as a bit lazy)...but i agree that there are TONS of people that like to read quotes and will RT them.

My eyes glaze over when I see quotes.

But then, lots of people like those gifts and farm games and mafia wars and such on facebook. I can't stand them taking up so much space and hide them from my feed. My mom is a FarmVille fiend. Some people are Bejeweled fanatics. Maybe it is the equivalent of cyber small talk. I don't like or do small talk.

I just want to connect with my friends. smile I want to know what someone is doing, how they are feeling, what they got done that day or are about to do. But that is just me. Everyone is different, as you've said. smile

I am sure the conversation about how one uses Twitter and Facebook will continue to evolve! There is no right or wrong, but we will all end up with opinions. smile

B
Koala
Koala
B
I don't like to read quotes, especially when the bio indicates something totally different.

I go to facebook once or twice a week and on twiter daly, moreso on weekends since my son uses computer to homeschool on weekdays.

I love the lists and now don't even have to figure out tweetdeck. I am getting more followers who are fitness people in part due to my list on these members. Makes it easier for me to read a bunch of fitness articles at one time. I don't mind them posting links, but others I am there for conversation.

Some membhers use the RT in a different wawy and change who was the initial tweeter. I hope the beta RT gets back up soon as I was going to try it and then it disappeared.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
S
Shark
Shark
S
I check my facebook page at least twice a day. It is a personal page. I relocated about 3 yrs. ago. Facebook keeps me posted as to what is going on.
My twitter account is for the business. I post maybe twice a day or so. I also havea facebook account for the business and try to update the page daily.
Sundancer
www.mikessportingoods.ecrater.com

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmm Jeanne doesn't have her Twitter accounts linked to from her bio page, I'll have to go prod her to do that! She was saying she's closing in on 5,000 followers!

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.