logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
Gecko
I think the majority of women do not fit themselves properly and maybe that is why there is a problem with support etc. Makes a huge dif if you are wearing correct bra and size. (MHO)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
I think bras are one of the biggest bones of contention for plus size women. There is no one item that works for everyone. Let's face it no two look alike, not even on the same body! I don't think there will ever be a perfect bra to satisfy <i>every</i> woman's needs which is why it involves so many tries to find the one (or two or three) that's right for us.

I have a number of online shops for bras listed in the Large and Lovely site that goes with this forum.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Oh, I forgot to answer - I do the contortion thingy with my arms - I just consider it part of my stretching routine in the morning! smile

I love the bras at Victoria's Secret - although they no longer carry the one that I really liked (it covered the wire on both sides.

But they have some very comfortable bras.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
I have switched, over the years, to bras that fasten in front. I wear a 44 G so finding ANY bra in my size is an issue - now complicate that by choosing only front fasteners... I have always managed to find the elusive bra, however. If I find one that works well, I will buy several. With breasts like mine, I'd need some sort of wheeled device under them to keep them pointed at the sky... I have made concessions to age (and nature) and accepted the fact that perky boobs are a thing of the past. Luckily, my partner is of a like mind so there is no real pressure to obtain the impossible.

R
R
Hi, I go braless. I have all my life. When I was 12 my mother took me to be fitted for a bra. We came home with three. Much excited I put the first one on. It lasted a very short time and then it came off -- none of them were worn again. That was 41 years ago. I've owned very few bras in that time. I bought a few -- from bra departments in reputable stores with a 'fitter' and yes, have found the bra to be comfortable 'for about an hour' then it's a battle to take my focus off how uncomfortable I am wearing the darn thing until I can get home. My answer -- and it precludes perky breasts pointing to the sun -- is to wear close fitting singlets. I'm in Australia and that's what we call that part of our underwear. If you don't call them that in the U.S you could do a search but I'm pretty sure they equate with your 'tank' tops. Although they are underwear. I weawr both the sort that are meant to be underwear and the sort meant to be outwear. I wear them under everything. At 53, I must admit I don't want my nipples on high beam to the world and I don't want them jiggling around too much so a close fitting singlet works in this regard. I have the three basic colours. Black, white, and skin toned and they work for me. I'm 53 and my breast are naturally going to sag. But they sagged way before this. I breastfed three children and that did the trick for sagging when I was very young. I think bras are a bit like 'whalebone corsets' only not as bad, obviously. We are being sold the idea that our breasts should be a certain height and not move around just like woman used to be sold the view that their waists should be a dainty little circumfurence and their breasts should protude forth like the bow of a big ship. I am aware that some big women feel more comfortable in bras and I'm sure they do. But for this woman a singlet makes me feel modest enough and comfortable at the same time. Let's face it. Eveyone knows, short of having very small breasts and being lucky, or surgery, that breasts go south with age. In my case wearing a bra is a bit like real life air brushing. I'm just kidding everyone and feeling very uncomfortable physcially while I'm doing it. I have one arrangement though to appease my 32 year old daughter. I will wear bras to my children's weddings. Don't ask me why this is so important to her but I don't argue over this small point. So far only one has been married and I'm hoping by the time the next one does, she will have gotten over this rather strange request. I have a feeling bras, fitted professionally or not, are only comfortable for about an hour after you put them on. That's how they get to sell them. A nice singlet or pretty coloured fitting stretch cotton camisole is such a much nicer alternative in my opinion -- so much more comfortable. As you can tell, bras and I never did do well together. LOL.

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I am haven't problem putting a bra on and hooking it back, Really no problems for me yet. I didn't have any problems when I was pregnant with my son either. But, I do agree that a bra that hooks in the front would be much nicer!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My mother wraps hers around her back and clasps it, then slides back into place. I tried this, but it hurts my skin. So I go for the contorted arms, reaching around the back to do up the clasp. I used to wear Playtex over-the-shoulder-boulder-holders. Now I wear a padded underwire. They feel fine and have a nicer shape (until they wear out and poke ya). I wear a 38D.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I don't wear bras unless I'm going out but I have to admit that wearing a properly fitting bra is vital. You should get your bra re-fitted at least every year. I only find mine are uncomfortable in two circumstances: in the middle of a Queensland summer when it's 36 celicus and 90% humidity (basically then, you just want to be nekkid in cold water!) or when the bra gets old and/or stops fitting.

I take a 24E size (Australian - not sure what that is in US terms) but I love the US Fairform bras - the one I wear is Charlotte. Funnily enough, the "smooth" Charlotte was dreadful and provided no support, but the other one - the lace one - is terrific.

My pet peeve with bras is when manufacturers just make the bra bigger, without realising that larger breasts mean they are heavier and so need more support - let's face it, a skinny piece of elastic ain't gonna hold up these E cup bazoongas!

Megan McConnell
V
V
Before i put on mine i do it up, then slip it over my head, it 'works' for me everytime lol :-)

[quote=skyhaven]I hate bras, Haven't found one in many years that is comfortable :( Or just fits every where just right [/quote] i also don't like bras. they make me feel uncomfortable! sometimes with new bras that are not so fit me, i have to hold my breath. very painful....

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.