logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hello friends,

Here's a link to the Thanksgiving-spirited article I wrote for my Yoga site. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanksgiving Yoga Article

After you've read the article - stop by the forum again and give your feedback - I'd love to hear from you!

Peace & Health,

Nancy
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: YogaEditor
Hello friends,

Here's a link to the Thanksgiving-spirited article I wrote for my Yoga site. I hope you enjoy it!
Thanksgiving Yoga Article

After you've read the article - stop by the forum again and give your feedback - I'd love to hear from you!

Peace & Health,

Nancy
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Nice article. very clear.

What is the loss if yoga is done with modifications to the postures because of limitations from injuries?

Karen L Hardison
Drama Movies
Drama Movies Forum

Recent Article
The Last Mimzy Review

"Punjab, buy out the 8:00 showing. Let's all go to the movies."
[Daddy Warbucks, Annie (1982)]
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
That's a fascinating article. It is great to look at yoga from a variety of views and to find how to integrate each aspect into our lives!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Thank you Lisa! : )

Nancy Welker
BellaOnline Yoga Editor
CEO, Nutrabeautiful, Inc.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Hi Karen,

Thank you for the kind words.

When a body moves the way it can move that's what becomes natural for you. In other words, if you cannot reach, stretch or bend completely in the manner the asana calls for, it should not matter. There are many who do not have any kind of injury or medical condition who need to spend many months working on form - so it all comes down to the same basic principle:

The muscle strength you have in your healthy muscle tissue will increase and your ability as a Yogi will improve regardless of whether or not you have full use of arms, legs or have had back injuries or other physical conditions. The "good" muscle will still work hard for you - even though it may take time.

What does matter is if this is a permanent condition or not. If it is then the above will apply permanently and your body will develop muscle and increase range of motion in the way that it does best, and is capable of doing, and you will see improvement only with what your body can do. Not to say that some conditions can't be helped by Yoga, because they can, but Yoga is not a cure for any physical problem.

If this not a permanent condition, and there is a full recovery or near full recovery expected, then that changes what you should expect from yourself as a Yogi. Eventually, as you heal, your body will be able to bend, stretch and reach farther and farther, so long as you remain dedicated to your Yoga practice and don't expect too much of yourself too soon.

Pairing Yoga with what your M.D. and/or physical therapist prescribes for you can shorten your recovery time and improve your overall health for the rest of your life.

Stay healthy,

Nancy
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

Last edited by YogaEditor; 11/10/09 10:58 AM.
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: YogaEditor
Hi Karen,

Thank you for the kind words.

When a body moves the way it can move that's what becomes natural for you. In other words, if you cannot reach, stretch or bend completely in the manner the asana calls for, it should not matter.
Stay healthy,

Nancy
BellaOnline Yoga Editor

That's nice to know because I always wonder and feel a trifle sad that I can't do it "right" anymore.

[[I'll confess a secret: My favorite Yoga exercises are the ones on back of the Yogi Tea boxes and on the Yogi Tea website!! But don't tell anyone.]]

Karen L Hardison
Drama Movies
Drama Movies Forum

Recent Article
The Last Mimzy Review

"Punjab, buy out the 8:00 showing. Let's all go to the movies."
[Daddy Warbucks, Annie (1982)]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.