[Moderator note: this post has been shortened as the forum is not the place to post essays- please remember the forum exists for genuine discussion, not just self promotion. If the writer of the post would like to come and discuss topics he would be welcome.]

May 7, 2003. I remember that day well, because it was the day on which my life changed, the day that launched me on the path to writing the book Your Soul�s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born.

I was 40 at the time, working as a self-employed marketing and communications consultant and feeling profoundly unfulfilled with my life. I often had the feeling that if I were to fall off the face of the Earth, none of my clients would notice. They would simply plug someone else into my role and continue along.

Yet, at the same time I had a feeling that there was a higher purpose to my life. I just didn�t know what it was. And so, in my search for that higher calling, I did something on that fateful day in 2003 that I had never done before: I had a session with a psychic medium.

The medium introduced me to the concept of spirit guides � highly evolved, nonphysical beings with whom we plan our lives before birth and who then guide us through our lives after we incarnate. Through the medium, I was able to speak with my guides. They told me that I myself had planned many of my greatest challenges in life - and that I had done so before I was born.

I might have dismissed this as some sort of elaborate fantasy, except that my guides knew literally everything about me. They knew not only what I had done in life, but also what I had thought and felt. Private thoughts and feelings that I had never shared with anyone.

As you can imagine, when certain beings know literally everything about you, they have a great deal of credibility.

Robert Schwartz is the author of Your Soul�s Plan: Discovering the Real Meaning of the Life You Planned Before You Were Born. A free PDF with a large sample of the book is available on Mr. Schwartz�s web site at Your Soul's Plan

Last edited by Lauren_D'Silva; 11/14/09 05:01 PM.