logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#554178 10/06/09 01:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Share your experiences with creating an altered book.

Meschill Billington

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
I learned about altered books from this website. I was absolutely blown away by the uniqueness of each creation. I was so impressed that I decided to begin an altered book project outlining my godson's life. The theme will be a road through his life. I want to include his birth, childhood, teen years and entry into the Marines. You see, this is a gift for Michael's going away. He will be leaving Nov 1 for his first deployment to Afghanistan. With that in mind, I'd like to leave a few blank pages to symbolize life after Afghanistan. I'll be starting this project this weekend and will update everyone as I progress. Hope I have half of the creativity I'll need to complete this labor of love.

Susan S #554753 10/08/09 09:27 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Susan,

What a great project! I love the idea of the blank pages. I look forward to your progress reports.

Meschill Billington

Amoeba
Amoeba
I love altered books!

Several of my journals are altered books.

I have also participated in a few round robin altered book exchanges, where everyone does a spread in each others' books. It's a great way to collect others' artwork.

The first round robin I ever joined was a workshop, using "Collage Discovery Workshop" by Caludine Hellmuth. Each month, we worked a specific technique from the book. The theme for my book was Gifts from the Sea and I love looking at this book. There are so many textures and interactive pages that I never tire of it.

I have been toying around with doing a monochromatic altered book in robin egg blue, but haven't quite decided.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
M
OP Offline
M
I have never done a round robin but think it would be a lot of fun. I love robin egg blue!

Meschill Billington

Moderated by  Mia - Paper Crafts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.