Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#557975 10/21/09 07:25 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do you have a Vision Board? What have you liked or disliked about creating a Vision Board?

If you'd like to learn about the latest articles on the Self Development site please sign up for the free weekly newsletter via this link: FREE Self Development Newsletter

Thank you for reading and participating in our forum!

Last edited by JOY (Self Development Ed); 07/20/10 05:52 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I have one as my computer background, so I see it all day long as I work. It helps me keep my mind focused on my goals smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I have a large poster vision board, one on my computer as background and pictures and "signs" all around my work space.

The motivational sign I'm looking at this month says, "What would a $1,000,000 business owner do?"

So everytime I go to make a decision or decide to work on something I asked myself, "What would a $1,000,000 business owner do?" It's a reminder to use my time wisely so I can achieve my goals - the ones on the vision boards.

There is a part of me that needs to tap into my inner motivators!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
N
N
Once, a man named Joe and his little girl were crossing a wooden-bridge in Tarrytown, New York.
Joe was kind of scared so he asked his little daughter, "Sweetheart, please hold my hand so that you don't fall into the river."

The little girl said, "No, Dad. You hold my hand."

"What's the difference?" Asked the puzzled father.

"There's a big difference," replied the little girl.
"If I hold your hand and something happens to me, chances are that I may let your hand go. But if you hold my hand, I know for sure that no matter what happens, you will never let my hand go."
In any relationship, the essence of trust is not in its bind, but in its bond.
As you may already know, over the last 40 years of Bob Proctor's life he's been holding people's hands and leading them step-by-step across the bridge to a life of richness and success.
If you allow him to hold your hand... he promises to keep your faith and lead you to a world of insane wealth and prosperity.

Edited per forum guidelines - Moderator

Last edited by Sharon SelfDevelop Ed; 12/07/09 12:16 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I don't have a vision board, but I need one. Do you have any suggestions relating to content? In other words, do you include personal items or is your simply business related?

Last edited by Bubbles@NBCSoaps; 12/12/09 12:11 PM.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I am starting to collect pictures from magazines to make into a vision board. I also need to go to a recycling bin to find a suitable piece of cardboard. I am happy to actually be starting this project.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Alice - a vision board can be either personal or business or both. It's basically a visual representation of your goals.

Collect the words and pictures that have special meaning to you - ones that bring out those inner motivators.

I start a vision board and keep adding to it for months and in some cases even years. Everytime I see something I like, I cut it out and add it to my board.

Have fun with it!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Jilly

So glad you're getting started! For me, half the fun is collecting the pictures and words.

Keep us posted how you're coming along . . .

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have a small stack of pages I have ripped out of magazines in a nice bin that I keep in my sacred space area. It makes me happy to look at these pictures, so i think I have a good start. I have a feeling this part could take months, but that is okay. It's very soothing and enjoyable to work on this. Mindless and creative at once. Thank you so much for the idea!

K
K
I have a vision book, but have been thinking about a board so it is n=more 'in my face'. I update the book regularly with both business and personal things and try and read it daily. It is nice to look over arly entrys and see what I have achieved!

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
That's wonderful that you have a vision book! Yes, I think a vision board would be even better. Have you started making one?

Welcome to Bella Online!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I think both can be useful for different reasons!

I have a vision 'desktop' - my computer desktop is full of meaningful images to me. That means they're in front of me all day long!

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
My husband and I were talking about creating vision boards the other night. He is still excited off his Zig Zigler event a week ago.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I have been listening to Zig Zigler's CD a few times in the last few weeks. He is such a fun and knowledgeable speaker on the subject of selling.

Never thought about putting a vision "desktop" together... What a good idea since we spend so much time in front of the computer everyday.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I bought a bulletin board and hung it over my desk to put pictures from magazines of things I want to have. I think it really helps to look at these daily to remind me.

Of course I have to resist tacking up a business card for the doctor's office, a shopping list and other mundane things-lol.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Healthymom62,
I love the idea of a bulletin board. This is one thing that I have not started on, it's a February project.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I had a big bulletin board in my office but it kept getting filled up with junk. So finally I cleared it all out. It feels so much cleaner in here smile

Low Carb Forum
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I have a vision board for myself and several "vision Boxes" for specific items. The vision boxes are something I use with my 4 yo daughter also - so she can set a goal, save up the money and then go out and have fun. She loves collecting the pictures and I really enjoy helping her put them together. It's amazing to witness the inner thoughts of a little one and really fun to help her achieve her dreams at such a young age smile

I recently wrote an article about them:
Vision Boards to Vision Boxes

Debbie Striker
Creativity Site
Creativity Forum

Upcycling stained glass that survived a fire, was hand collected from the ashes, tumbled, cleaned and turned into beautiful wire wrapped jewelry.
Fire Phoenix Glass Creations

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's a very interesting idea, for visions that involve money!

Most of my visions are about mentoring and decluttering, so in my case they don't really apply, but I can see how they would apply to other tasks!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Thank you Cara, Lisa, Debbie and Dianne for resurrecting this thread. What a range we have now!

* vision boards
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision bins
* vision desktops

F
F
I do have a vision board - actually it is a book - I LOVED creating it - I found time FLEW by when I was creating it - it was so empowering to dream big and then dream bigger. I love sharing it with people. Most of it has to do with travel and I am very happy to report that one of the pages is coming true in Aug - I am going to Thailand for a month!! I can't wait to cross it off my list. Once I made my dreams known, it is amazing how many people wanted to help me. The entire trip is costing me less that $1,500 (including lodging, food, transportation and airfare) It truely is amazing what putting your dreams down on paper can do! For all of your ladies that need to start one, schedule a time to start it - that is the hardest part, starting, so just do it! Well worth the time Katie

Last edited by FreedomOnline; 07/07/10 03:07 PM.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: FreedomOnline
I do have a vision board - actually it is a book - I LOVED creating it - I found time FLEW by when I was creating it - it was so empowering to dream big and then dream bigger�It truely is amazing what putting your dreams down on paper can do!
Hi Katie, it was great to hear how you use your vision board. Yes, you�re so right about the effect of putting your dreams in writing! (JOY)

J
J
yep, i have had 2 dreamboards. read my blog at julesfredrick.wordpress.com/2010/01/02/whats-on-your-dreamboard/

to read about it.

Julie Emrich Fredrick
European Travel
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Julie-European Travel
yep, i have had 2 dreamboards...
Hi Julie, thanks for your 'dreamboards' info. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It is so true that if you spend the time to visualize your dream, and to document it, and then talk about it, that often people will start to help you achieve it!

You have to start by figuring out what you want!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa Low Carb Ed
It is so true that if you spend the time to visualize your dream, and to document it, and then talk about it, that often people will start to help you achieve it! You have to start by figuring out what you want!
Hi Lisa, yes, it's amazing how bringing your dreams to the fore makes them materialise! (JOY)

Gecko
Gecko
OK - after reading this whole message site - it is time to make my vision board.

Maybe I will be like Katie and make it into a book - that way I can carry it with me and look at it from time to time.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Robin - Card Games Editor
OK - after reading this whole message site - it is time to make my vision board. Maybe I will be like Katie and make it into a book - that way I can carry it with me and look at it from time to time.
Hi Robin, welcome to the exciting world of vision boards! Yes, creating a 'book' is a great for the portability aspect of it all. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Robin - you can certainly do both over time too! You can start with a book and know in the back of your mind that if you want to, someday you can make a board too smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
my boards are starting to peel a little. There's a framing place in town where the owner suggested we do some inexpensive framing...i will bring mine in and report on how it goes.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That sounds great, you can write it up for your blog!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hopefully i will make the time to go in this week and see what the framer guy has in mind.

Has anyone worked out a way to preserve and/or display your vision boards?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have two in my office, both propped up on shelves. One is the one I made at the Chicago gathering, and the other is the one I made during our vision board chat!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
so you just have them as is? not framed or protected in some way? Are they starting to peel?

Maybe it's worse here since it's so dry.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Ah but remember I am a bizarre person, my one by my desk is just colored pencils, it has nothing at all stuck on it -

So there is nothing to peel!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lol, yes, true. So cute with the little purple Lisa.

So what about the other one?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Definitely you can have multiple vision boards - one for each project you wish to undertake! I have two in my office right now, and both make me happy. You can update them, you can have books or boards, whatever works well for you!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Okay.... I have a couple of vision boards I made a couple of years ago - one focused on healthy weight, one focused on getting a new car - and one focused on getting more singing gigs and doing ministering.

I am going to do an updated one! All of those vision boards just stayed in a book and NEVER got that much attention! UGH! What's the point LOL! So, out they come - the only one I want to change is the singing one. I really want to tour some festivals next spring and summer and get my CD done by the end of this Fall.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Deanna -

Don't discount the great value of just MAKING a vision board. I.e. the act of spending time making those vision boards a few years ago was valuable in helping your mind focus on those tasks. It was much better than not doing anything at all.

So yes the next step now is to make fresh vision boards that you pay more attention to! One step at a time!

I've used DVDBaby and CDBaby to make DVDs and CDs - it's really very easy! We can help you when you have your tracks finalized and ready to go!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Here's my vision board - I am planning on touring faery and renaissance festivals next spring and summer with my band!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is wonderful Deanna! Great job! I love the "home imagine believe" in the middle!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

I wonder if some of the cave drawings of 'prehistoric man' represent the earliest Vision Boards?? (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's an interesting thought! I would have guessed that they were more historical journals, showing their hunts and celebrations and stories smile Perhaps a few were vision boards too!

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
What???!!!
I actually accomplished something on my vision board!!! I had posted a comment on the weightloss boards the other night about getting test results back and all of my "levels" were finally in the desirable range. You know the HDL, LDL and all those numbers. I just realized that was one of the items on my board. I had cut out a graphic that said "know your numbers" and getting into the desirable range. - I did it! So I thought I should post that here too. Vision boards - gotta luv 'em!!!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
VERY cool Dianne!!

I hear that from lots of people who've made vision boards, "yeah, and I was so surprised to see that on my vision board... I've accomplished it!"

smile

Deanna Joseph

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Dianne W - Editor
What???!!! I actually accomplished something on my vision board!!! I had posted a comment on the weightloss boards the other night about getting test results back and all of my "levels" were finally in the desirable range. You know the HDL, LDL and all those numbers. I just realized that was one of the items on my board. I had cut out a graphic that said "know your numbers" and getting into the desirable range. - I did it! So I thought I should post that here too. Vision boards - gotta luv 'em!!!
Fantastic Dianne! Vision boards can be very powerful. (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is incredible news Dianne!! Fantastic!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
They really do seem to work!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
You know, I have two vision boards but both are about 'ongoing' things. The one on my desk is my "Treasure map" I made during our live chat. I really enjoyed that smile It has serene images - a reading corner, a crane mobile and so on. The other one is the mentoring one I made during our gathering in Chicago. So it's about all the ways I want to help editors grow. Both are "daily life" ones - not about actual goals to reach.

I should do a new one that is more goal oriented, with specific things I want to achieve so I can see if I reach them!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Has anyone designed a Vision Board for 2011 yet? (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I will be doing a Vision Board for 2011 with Lori and Deanna in Palm Springs in about a month. I think i want to make one about my priorities and one about my topics here.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I have never done one. It might help me as lately I feel I have been floundering. Not really knowing what job to do and sort of in a rut. I know they did one at the Bellaonline reunion, but I missed going. So, maybe I need to learn how to do the Vision Board and give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion...

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Jilly
I will be doing a Vision Board for 2011 with Lori and Deanna in Palm Springs in about a month...
Hi Jilly, that's a neat idea - to combine forces. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: GtownmaGenealogy
I have never done one. It might help me as lately I feel I have been floundering. Not really knowing what job to do and sort of in a rut...
Hi Tina, a Vision board will definitely help. By the way, depending on what format you want to use to keep your 'vision items' together, there are also:

* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision bins
* vision desktops
* etc

(JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
n some branches of Magick, Paganism, Theosophy, and New Thought systems this technique is known as a 'Treasure Map'. They come in many forms. This months "It's Fate", a UK spiritual magazine even has an article on how to design one based on the Chinese Bagua compass system.

Chat It's Fate Magazine (UK)

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
n some branches of Magick, Paganism, Theosophy, and New Thought systems this technique is known as a 'Treasure Map'...
Hi Ian, thanks for the 'Treasure Map' info. (JOY)

Parakeet
Parakeet
I created a Vision Board to attract my soulmate...about a year before I created a list of one hundred of his qualities. 2 years after the list, and 3 years after the vision board...he found me! He drove 1500 miles to be with me. He is the love of my life!

I also just created a desktop vision board so that I can acquire a Subaru Outback... I'll keep you posted on the results!

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Shannon L. Wolf
I created a Vision Board to attract my soulmate...about a year before I created a list of one hundred of his qualities...I also just created a desktop vision board so that I can acquire a Subaru Outback...I'll keep you posted on the results!
Hi Shannon, the list of your soulmate's 100 qualities sounds fascinating. Yes, do keep us posted on that Subaru! (JOY)

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I do, but it is currently blank frown Chat helped see a different way to look at my life now. That has helped me create some new priorities and goals, so I will begin looking for pics for the board!

Shanda Lynn Markham
CANDLEMAKING
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Shanda - Candlemaking
I do, but it is currently blank frown Chat helped see a different way to look at my life now. That has helped me create some new priorities and goals...

Hi Shanda, to help you formulate your "new priorities and goals", the following articles may be helpful:

Top 5 Self Development Tips

What is Your Unique Talent

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Definitely creating some fresh vision boards for 2011 sounds like an awesome idea! Maybe I should make one for each website I run. We could all jointly do a BellaOnline vision board!

Low Carb Forum
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I use movie maker for a sort of vision board. It�s a slide show of many of the books I've read that have had an impact on my life. When I look at the books, I remember the messages. Also it's set to music. It's very relaxing to watch. I want to do something similar with Power Point.

I have an actual vision board on Facebook, I swear I created it one day and landed a job within a week!

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I have a vision board! This was my first year doing it and it came out perfect! I really love it and the inspiration it gives me.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I've read several references to vision boards. What are vision boards? What purpose do they serve? Where can I find directions for making a good one?

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Amoeba
Amoeba
I have started a vison board. since I don't subscribe to many magazines, it's a little difficult to find the graphics I want, but it's an interesting project. I'm working with someone from the police department who was in my collaborative inquiry group. She introduced the topic. Very interesting and a good way to get to know people.

Virginia Hixson
Ergonomics Editor
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Connie from ADD
I've read several references to vision boards. What are vision boards? What purpose do they serve? Where can I find directions for making a good one?
Hi Connie, you will find lots of links on Google about Vision boards and also info in these forums. For starters you may be interested to read Debbie�s article (from the Creativity site) here. Let me know how you get on. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: leahmullen
I use movie maker for a sort of vision board. It�s a slide show of many of the books I've read that have had an impact on my life. When I look at the books, I remember the messages. Also it's set to music. It's very relaxing to watch. I want to do something similar with Power Point...

Hi Leah, what a great idea! Adding it to the list, we now have:

* vision boards
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision bins
* vision desktops
* vision slide shows

(JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Maria Brown - Freebies
I have a vision board! This was my first year doing it and it came out perfect! I really love it and the inspiration it gives me.
Hi Maria, yes, vision boards are really powerful. All the best for your second year of doing one! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Ginger4
I have started a vison board. since I don't subscribe to many magazines, it's a little difficult to find the graphics I want, but it's an interesting project. I'm working with someone from the police department who was in my collaborative inquiry group. She introduced the topic. Very interesting and a good way to get to know people.
Hi Virginia, thanks for the info. How does your group actually use it to get to know people? (JOY)

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Currently no, I do not have a vision board however; the idea (which I love) has resurfaced itself again since watching a movie based on law of attraction. I have been considering creating a vision board for my love and I to use; to establish our goals we have set in our life together. Now that I'm seeing this discussion, I know doing so is a must! Thank you for that.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: makesyoulaugh
...I have been considering creating a vision board for my love and I to use; to establish our goals we have set in our life together. Now that I'm seeing this discussion, I know doing so is a must! Thank you for that.
A vision board for both of you to use for your joint goals sounds great. Let us know how it works out! (JOY)

M
Amoeba
Amoeba
M
Will do JOY!

I have a vision board and its got a great colourful background with dragon flies on it... As my partner and I dont live together yet, he has his own way where he blue tacs motivating sayings all over his wall. When we move in together we have discussed we will keep our seperate ones, but also form our combined one for our joint goals. I am thinking of also printing pictures and framing them to keep me inspired, perhaps of places i want to travel too.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: LeadershipDevelopment
...he has his own way where he blue tacs motivating sayings all over his wall...
Great idea! Adding that to our list of the different ways you can document your visions, we now have:

* vision boards
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision bins
* vision desktops
* vision slide shows
* vision walls

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: FlingWings
I have got a Vision Board and Because that I am now learning English and I am now working with the foriegn group and Now I want to speak with all the boards here...
Nice to meet with you on this thread. What sorts of things does your Vision Board cover? (JOY)

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It is inspiring how many ways a vision board can help you reach your goals!

Low Carb Forum
Shark
Shark
I keep my "vision" around me all the time --- as wallpaper on my computer, a picture on my cell phone --- I like keeping my vision right in front of me.

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels, Business Coach Editor
"Empowering and mentoring women entrepreneurs to greater personal and professional success."

Here's a direct link to the BellaOnline Business Coach site
The Business Coach Site

I'm so proud to share my new Women Enjoying Success site
WomenEnjoyingSuccess.com
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
It is inspiring how many ways a vision board can help you reach your goals!
Hi Lisa, yes, it is very inspiring. Also, readers have come up with many interesting suggestions for �alternative� vision boards! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Sharon - Business Coach
I keep my "vision" around me all the time --- as wallpaper on my computer, a picture on my cell phone --- I like keeping my vision right in front of me. ~Sharon

Hi Sharon, welcome to the Self Development Forum. It�s particularly great to see you here as you started this forum thread on 21st Oct 2009! Adding your idea of �a picture on my cell phone� to our list of the different ways you can document your visions, we now have:

* vision boards
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision bins
* vision desktops
* vision slide shows
* vision walls
* vision phones

Amoeba
Amoeba
I loved creating a vision board and got wonderfully excited after I created it. While I still look at it, it doesn't have the massively energizing effect that creating it did. I'm thinking perhaps I should add the practice of saying affirmations while I look at the pictures. Affirmations are something everyone says to do and somehow I don't make a regular practice of it.

AnneE #666417 02/28/11 04:34 PM
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: AnneE
...I'm thinking perhaps I should add the practice of saying affirmations while I look at the pictures. Affirmations are something everyone says to do and somehow I don't make a regular practice of it.
Hi Anne, affirmations are powerful for various reasons. Make it a regular practice for just a day, say, and let us know what effect this has! (JOY)

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Do you think digital vision boards are just as effective or do you think it helps to feel things in your hands--cutting, pasting, etc.--to create your board?

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
For me I like to cover all bases. I have a digital one, one that's done with cut-outs from magazines, and then one I drew with colored pencils. Each one speaks to me in a different way.

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Tomorrow I'm giving my Toastmaster's speech #3 on How to Create A Vision Board.

I'm quite excited! Wish me luck!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Tomorrow I'm giving my Toastmaster's speech #3 on How to Create A Vision Board. I'm quite excited! Wish me luck!
Hi Dianne, let us know how it goes plus what questions you get asked about Vision boards. All the best! (JOY)

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
It went VERY well. I was a bit nervous. We had some unexpected high level guests in the room. Everyone seems to have enjoyed it, I was stopped many times on my way out of the room...for example,we had a pastor of a new church who liked the idea so much he wanted to think of a way to bring it into his church to set goals as they grow.
I was asked how to get their husband interested in creating one so they can get stuff done around their house. A lot who want to set one up for individual goals they are working on.
I did bring an example of the 1st board I had ever created and that went over well too.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
It went VERY well. I was a bit nervous. We had some unexpected high level guests in the room. Everyone seems to have enjoyed it, I was stopped many times on my way out of the room...for example,we had a pastor of a new church who liked the idea so much he wanted to think of a way to bring it into his church to set goals as they grow. I was asked how to get their husband interested in creating one so they can get stuff done around their house. A lot who want to set one up for individual goals they are working on...

Hi Dianne, wonderful! Think of the lives you have changed with your speech...(JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
I just posted three of my online Vision Boards on my new site. Have you ever created online vision boards to find solutions, to boost motivation or to live with purpose? It's quick and really fun!

Hi Monica, your Online Vision Boards look fun. Adding it to our list, we now have the following!

* vision bins
* vision walls
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision boards
* vision phones
* vision desktops
* vision slide-shows
* vision boards online

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I just finished the final pieces of our current BellaOnline Editor Vision Board, it was wonderful to bring together the different images and combine them into one overall view!

Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
Looks great Lisa. I see ots of peeps want to get fit too. I just made another one for my online business and also one for getting fit this month. Vision boards are fun and if you use the right images they work!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Vision Board?
Not sure what it is? I've heard vision boards also called � treasure maps, mind maps, goal maps � many names � all basically with the same intent.

Here is what I had been looking for in a Vision Board Software;

* I wanted software that I could truly personalize � put words and sayings to the pictures.
* I wanted to be able to use some of my own digital pictures
* I also wanted it to have an image library that I could pick from
* I wanted to be able to set this vision board as my screensaver
* I wanted to be able to print the pictures from this vision board
* I wanted it to be compatible with several versions of Windows. I have a laptop with XP and my desktop has Vista
* I wanted it to be Super Easy � I don�t have extra time to be learning new programs!
* I wanted it to be affordable!

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Astera
Vision Board? Not sure what it is? I've heard vision boards also called � treasure maps, mind maps, goal maps � many names � all basically with the same intent. Here is what I had been looking for in a Vision Board Software�

Hi Astera, yes, 'vision boards' are often done online these days. Adding yours to our list, we now have the following:

* vision bins
* vision walls
* vision books
* vision boxes
* vision boards
* vision phones
* vision desktops
* vision slide-shows
* vision board software (online)

Elephant
Elephant
I just realized that I created a vision board in 1988 the year I graduated from high school. I made it in those memory books the yearbook companies sell. The book asks you questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years 10 years etc.

I wrote all kinds of interesting stuff about what I would do with my life and cut and paste pics of things all around my comments. I had no idea why but at the time I could see those images in my mind so I thought it would be fun to paste them in.

The funny thing is I said I would drive a red sporty car and I do. How crazy is that!!! I never set out to get a red sporty car. The story of how that car came into my possession is actually very interesting!

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/25/11 10:18 AM.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor
I just realized that I created a vision board in 1988 the year I graduated from high school...I wrote all kinds of interesting stuff about what I would do with my life and cut and paste pics of things all around my comments...
The funny thing is I said I would drive a red sporty car and I do...The story of how that car came into my possession is actually very interesting!

Hi Monica, don't keep us in suspense! What is the story of the red sports car?? (JOY)

Elephant
Elephant
Oh man it's a long story so I'll post it separately to not distract from this vision boards post.

N
N
I did not know what it was (did not even hear or read it) before I saw a post about this here. This does not interest me so no.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Here is my vision board on being serene. A vision board is a great way to draw your focus in to the topic and think about how to implement it in your own life.

https://www.pinterest.com/lisashealowcarb/vision-board-be-serene/

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
...A vision board is a great way to draw your focus in to the topic and think about how to implement it in your own life.

Thanks for that Lisa. Another great thing about vision boards is that they can be used in both your 'work life' and your 'social life'. Joy.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is so true. I have vision boards for a variety of topics and they help keep me motivated.

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Has anyone made a vision board for 2019 yet? Joy

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
Vision boards are great, had one up since the beginning of the year - very motivating.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted by jodirose
Vision boards are great, had one up since the beginning of the year...

Hi Jodirose, what sorts of things did you put on your vision board? Did you create one last year as well? Joy

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Vision boards - I guess it's that time of year again. What are you thinking of putting on your vision board for this year? How did last year work out? Joy

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.