#557831 10/21/09 07:18 AM
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Read the article here about the myths being exposed.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Well I am glad to see this posted. I found it to be quite interesting. I will admit that I was surprised to see this posted from you- after all, you are still in beginners level on your hooked on phonics and I didn't think you had it in you.

It would be interesting to seek out and find out where some of these myths derived from.

Proud Pagan
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Interesting article Vance, I would imagine some of those "myths" started from some those "Pop" doctors we see on tv?
Now, the moon part I have a tendency to believe simply because my sun-sign is "Cancer" and I am ruled by ebbs and tides of the moon. I dare say that I would imagine those with higher incidents of acting quirky when the moon is out are mostly Cancers! smile
Opposites attract can also have its basis in astrology because for every sign is an opposite..often they really don't get along, however, if they're able to over come it and "compliment" each other than this "opposite" may work.

(Just an FYI I am an astrology buff.)

Both young and old alike are gullible and easily influenced by what the "authorities" say. They follow the trend. One minute you can eat butter, than you can't...then you can, but only in moderation! They lead, everyone follows. Your baby should listen to Mozart...

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Vance, unless I was hallucinating last night I could've sworn that you wrote something regarding vampires. You mentioned a description of them being "zombie" like, according to a book you read. I can't find the thread, so I'll give you my take on it here:

Perhaps the author's use of the world "zombie" is not correct when used as a description for a vampire; and the only affiliation with using the word "zombie" with "vampire" is that both are members, if you will, of the living dead.

The vampire is etheric, meaning it's a vapor, and it retains its physical stature by living on a person's life blood. On the other hand,a zombie still occupies its body in its physical form. (At least that's how many Haitian's, in particular those who practice voodoo, perceive them to be. For them the zombie is a fact, and many accounts of zombies have been documented in Haiti.) That's also my perception of a zombie. A mindless creature occupying a physical body...since cinema has implanted us with their own rendition of a zombie, that's how we have all come to perceive them.
Unfortunately there are no great fictional literary works, such as Dracula or Frankenstein by which to draw zombies by. Zombies aren't as much fun as a vampire!
For me, the two "creatures" really don't intertwine. Zombies, like I said are "mindless" creatures, while a vampire most certainly is not.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
michelle, it was in your "hello, new editor, vampires" thread that Vance mentioned it.

We were talking about "Twilight" near the end of the conversation.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Ok, thanks. Thought I looked there as well and didn't see it. I haven't added my Article as a topic for discussion yet because I don't know how to add the link to it. I'll go pester Vance about it.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
Gecko
Gecko
I think this is a great explanation Michelle.

thanks for sharing

Proud Pagan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.