Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Shark
Shark
C
Don't have a decent frying pan and craving pancakes? Bake them. Spray a glass baking pan with nonstick spray, make your pancake batter ( if using boxed, add a scoop of protein powder and a few tablespoons of oats) Spread 1 full cup of cooked, seeded crabapple pulp in pan, pour pancake batter in, add a bit of allspice or cinnamon. Bake at 350 30 min or until pancake is puffy and cooked. Serve with a sugarfree store brand syrup.

Cindy L Merrill
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmmm, that is an interesting idea. Both about the catfood and giving my pets their own shots. I am taking notes on this thread.

rdywenur - I am 41, and have been thinking about cheap haircut places. It scares me, as i always had cruddy haircuts when i used those places in my 20s.

I also need the air card and phone plan I have now, as I live in my RV/traveling and those are my only real options for having contact with the world. I don't mind working around those bills, since they are so important to me. I've had a GoPhone before and it always was a source of frustration. frown I am so happy to have a decent plan now and can actually USE my phone. Such a relief. I am all alone here, otherwise I would not care so much.

My health plan may SOUND good, but it's only at the level of catastrophic coverage. For everything else, I pay out of pocket. I am pretty healthy, so i can make it work to pay for my doctor visits out of pocket (I go to clinics). I get my meds in larger amounts to save money and from cheap places like WalMart.

BTW, your gecko is adorable!

Last edited by Jilly; 10/13/09 08:34 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cindy, you really need to make a book about crabapple uses. Keep the ideas rolling!

C
Shark
Shark
C
This pancake recipe has been a mainstay at our house- I often use bananas or whatever canned fruit I'm given from the food pantry.

Cindy L Merrill
J
J
Well Cindy is our drop-in frugal recipe expert! She's awesome smile

I had this thought for Jilly to make some extra $ before she settles down. Have you ever tried Mahalo? I think you answer posted questions and the best answer gets a little cash. I looked into it but never started. If you try let me know if it is worth it!

Get your stuff outta storage ASAP. Does any of it have personal value to you? If not you could just call the storage co. and see if they will run it through their unpaid storage auction. You might get minimal cash but at least don't need to drive back there.

Desperate for pet food, maybe check for fresh roadkill and cook it really really well. You could maybe make friends with a state trooper and see if they will keep an eye out. Gross, I know, but you sound desperate and dogs/cats need protein...Mix it in with some extra cheap brand of store bought food?
The best quality least expensive pet food I've found is Kirkland at Costco.

I was also thinking that maybe you could run an ad to barter RV parking/pad for house care/ farm assistance or maybe elder or invalid care? That is one area that is growing right now is home assistance. You might even be able to make a salary and get some meals.

When looking for a place to park probably the most important thing to consider is community. Your community will help you out when you need it and you can exchange babysitting, petsitting, whatever for favors, meals, etc. So choose wisely...

Jane Bouey
Frugal Living
C
Shark
Shark
C
American style Haggis: fry or bake ground breakfast sausage until well done,almost crispy: Add 1/2 cup meat to a bowl of cooked grain, either Hot Cornmeal Mush, or slowcooked oatmeal-or cooked barley will do nicely. Serve hot with fatfree cream- I've tried it all three ways, sometimes I add a capful of sugarfree syrup. Very filling.

Cindy L Merrill
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yum! Cindy, the haggis sounds good. I like that I don't need sheep's blood. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jane, the Mahalo idea sounds intriguing. I will look into that and let you know if it is useful for making some cash. What a neat idea, though.

The roadkill idea is also interesting. I saw a dead skunk yesterday but have no desire to mess with that particular carcass. laugh But hmmm. When you cook roadkill, do you have to skin it, dress it, etc? That would be a huge learning curve. But doable. Not gross, but certainly something to think about.

Along these lines i wonder if butchers have meat they sell that is like 'extra' pieces that they might sell for cheap.

I am also looking online for pet shelters that help provide food/vaccine vouchers to low income pet owners. I have a found one in my state, but not really nearby. Maybe I should go to my local shelter and ask what programs they have.

I don't have a CostCo membership. I used to buy my pets a very good brand of food - the Nutro line - but now am forced to use Walmart's Old Roy. It seems to be okay; they don't seem to care, but i feel guilty about it. frown

I was thinking about the RV to barter for work but would frankly rather be in the wilderness. I am not a people person. There are places i can stay for around 200 a month that includes full utilities once i am able to find a source of income that works for me.

Community. I like what you are saying about that. Do you have more thoughts on that concept?

C
Shark
Shark
C
You already belong to a community- an RV community. My advice is, look for an RV group that offers bingo nights or senior discount info: Since there's safety in numbers, I'm sure you'll be welcomed: Once you meet up with your group, stick close to the guy/gal in charge and find out where you can fit in.

Cindy L Merrill
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Cindy, that is great thinking. I know there is a solo RV group, and also I belong to a women's RV forum group on yahoo. I am a member of Escapees and Good Sam and a few RV membership parks. I am sure I will find a good niche there.

I am also meeting RVing women on twitter and via a few blogs.

Right now i seem to be settling into this area - Cottonwood, Sedona, Camp Verde... and making a community here. I really love AZ and plan to stay here for a nice long while. I have a weekly depression peer group meeting, have some old friends, some family friends, and the potential for new friends.

In other news, I had a neighbor here look at my generator today and it really seems to be shot. frown That is too bad.

I will think about getting a portable one (there are some for $100). What is annoying is the weight I will have to tote around and the fact there is no more room in here for something like that. But I won't have to deal with that just yet - I am still here until the 25th. I won't have to worry about boondocking for a little while. I am trying to only worry about things in small doses! smile

My neighbor is charging my starter battery right now and we will take a look at the brake lights tomorrow. It might just be that I need a new switch. We shall see if we can figure it out.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.