Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Hi everyone! Just letting you know that I posted a new article [url=http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art63876.asp]Folklore and Mythology[/url] To those of you who own a cat or ever owned a cat you may find this article interesting. As for me, I lost my cat of 14 years to a stroke this past March. Simba died in my arms and needless to say it was heartwrenching :cry: As the cold weather approaches the field mice love to have a warm place to stay and I have had some "uninvited guests" over the years. As a youth Simba was a wonderful mousecatcher, but as he grew old one could have ran by his whiskers and he wouldn't budge! This article is in memory of my Simba.

Last edited by Michelle_folk/myth_Editor; 10/15/09 12:14 AM.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Koala
Koala
I am so sorry for your loss of Simba. I look at my cats knowing they are 9 and 10 years old and know they are nearing the golden years. I honestly have no idea what I'd do without either one of them. They are so intertwined in my life- literally. One owns my desk and has wiped out so many projects I have worked on (computer). The other steals my blankets. On my way to read your article.

M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Thank you for your condolences, Simba is surely very missed. I had to laugh when you mentioned the antics of your cats, they seem like such fun! Hope you enjoy the article.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
C
Shark
Shark
C
When I can, I intend to adopt two female sibling kittens- it will be awhile, though. I'm not in a good financial state right now.

Cindy L Merrill
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I hope that in the near future you will be able to adopt the female sibliing kittens. I am thinking about adopting a cat, but really don't want to raise a kitten, I've been raising a puppy for the past year. Ahhhh!!!! LOL Don't think I can handle another "baby" just yet.

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
Koala
Koala
Ah, but kittens are so much more independent than puppies. They pretty much potty train themselves. Before I get much older, I would love to raise one more puppy. Cats I can have forever. I need one more raccoon, one more skunk, maybe one bearded dragon. That is the next "pet care" article going up; those dragons are pretty neat. I swear they look at you as if they have some unequaled intelligence - uncanny.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Great article, Michelle - I love it!

Allure and Lore of the Cat

We have a cat. Actually she belongs to my grandson. Her name is Whispurr and she is very timid yet can be quite demanding when she is hungry. My grandson is the only one who can pick her up and love her. She becomes like a limp rag in his arms and just lays there glorifying in his attention. She runs from most everyone else.

I empathize with you on the loss of your cat. I lost one once, Bandit, and I was so sad about that. He was a velvety, smoky grey with yellow eyes - just beautiful. His brother was a darker grey with green eyes and my kids named them Smoky and the Bandit. They were so cute.

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 10/15/09 11:26 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Tells the plight of the feline status & the mystique that many hold 'against' them quite well.

I have a black 12-year-old we adopted when she was about 3 for the son to learn responsibility and kindness. Must've been tormented by the child of the former house, because Indy latched onto me. She avoids youngsters & strangers, but warms up when in my presence.

Wonder if my excitement about Halloween season & owning a black cat puts me on the short-list for any Salem recreation.

I, & the others in the family, don't look forward to the day that she will go to sleep for the very last time. I still recall losing a younger black cat years ago to feline leukemia & the suffering she endured just to greet me at night to lay in my lap for hours.

Thanks for letting me relive some good times & plan to get the most from the time left with Indy...

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
Thanks. Got Simba at the SPCA, he was Tabby/Siamese and had an incredible set of blue eyes. It was love at first site, at least for me! LOL He had a great life, no doubt. He was "King of the Jungle" on my property and enjoyed going to the beach across the street from our home. I had a friend whose cat was somthing like 20 years old. Enjoy Indy, because whether your loving your cat or a child, each day with them is precious. Its amazing how people were in the 16th-17th c, both in England and America; but then again people are products of their enviornment. But its amazing that just because someone may have appeared little "out of the norm" AND owned a cat, they were hunted down, tortured and killed. I believe I would be right along witcha if they were to do it again. I was thinking of getting a black cat, one with green eyes. Would just add to my mystique. LOL

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
"Whispurr," (I love it!) It's a pretty name, pretty to say. Smokey and the Bandit..very fitting by your description. For the life of me I didn't know what to name my cat. My (ex)husband suggested Simba, since it wasn't too long after the release of that movie that I got him. The name fit him well. Simba was raised with two Dobermans, father and son. (Both passed some years ago)So,for a while it was only Simba, until I got Penelope, a Yorkiepoo last year. Simba wasn't too crazy about the new addition. (He was gett'n a little old and crotchity. LOL)

Michelle Roberti
Folklore and Mythology

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 02:56 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.