Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Novasure hormones can go nuts for months in my case I wanted sex all the time (TMI) some women get depressed or can fly off the handle.My pain was intense for a good 24hr then it went down to just crampy and [censored] feeling.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
Hi- I am a newbie that just stumbled upon this thread via a Google search. Hello all! I am 47 years old and scheduled for a D&C and Novasure on Oct. 30, 2009. I have been bleeding approximately 22-24 days per month w/merely 3-6 days off per month for approximately 10 years now. It got so bad in mid June, I had to go in for an emergency transfusion as my hemoglobin count was 7.7 out of 14. Well, that finally had me prioritizing myself. I've had two ultrasounds, pap and biopsy and no cause has been found. I do recall that in 1998, within a six month period, I gained 65 lbs and have never no matter what I do been able to get it off. Prior to this I'd had all four children and my youngest was eight at the time of the weight gain so the cause has always been a mystery. I'm doing some reading on excessive bleeding and they say there could be a tie to the thyroid. Could it be as simple as that? In reading different posts, I'm reading that you should not have Novasure until results of the D&C are returned to rule out cancer in the area of the uterine lining that cannot be detected. Also, that if you've had a C-section, you should not have Novasure--my first pregnancy was a "C" with the following three natural. I am also reading some pretty scary stuff about cramping continuously afterwords and bleeding. Okay, now I'm unsure. Has anyone had Novasure that's had a C-section? How 'bout the D&C issue and the waiting prior to Novasure? Should I cancel the whole thing and have my thyroid checked? Am I looking for an excuse and need a kick in the pants? Feel free to kick away! Thanks! Merryjoy22

S
S
Hi Merryjoy22,

I had pretty much the exact same bleeding pattern as you have. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism approximately 23 yrs ago. I have taken Synthroid daily ever since. Unfortunately adjusting my meds did not control the bleeding. In Sept. 08 I had Hysteroscopy, D&C and Novasure performed as an outpatient. I arrived around 7am and was on my way home at 9:30am. I was so fortunate to not experience much pain. I felt completely fine by the next day although alittle tired. I had some discharge for about 2 weeks. Prior to the procedure I had an in office uterine biopsy. From my personal experience I am thrilled with my results. I have had over a year of being blood free....................its been heaven! I think I would cry if my period were to return.

I would recommend Novasure to anyone. Unfortunately I cannot answer your question concerning Novasure following a C-section. These are questions you need to discuss with your Dr. I would also recommend testing for hypothyroidism. You need to follow your instincts as far as your body is concerned. From my perspective my hypothyroidism definetly played a role in my bleeding patterns but the medication could not regulate my periods.

I wish you luck!

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
I had a c section and novasure for the most part I am happy with it.

G
G
My doctor suggested me to have Novasure done due to the tumor fibroid in my uterus to avoid heavy bleeding. But you are saying your doctor say different. HELP>>>>>>>> I really need help for this, my life it controlled by my server bleeding...

H
H
I had the Novasure procedure done a little over 2 weeks ago. I was assured by my gyno that she could do the procedure in her office with little discomfort for me. I was given a percocet 4 hours prior to the procedure, then one about an hour before the procedure. She also gave me a valume (sp?) 2 1/2 hours before and another 15 minutes before. I had let EVERYONE in her office know that I don't handle pain well, but she assured me I would be just fine. Well, I wasn't. I screamed all during the procedure (my boyfriend said he could hear me in the waiting room). I would like to inform other women of my experience....I feel that this procedure should only be done under general anesthesia and you shouldn't be talked into having it done in a physician's office. About 30 minutes after I got home I experienced severe cramping (comparable to the extreme pains of child birth). I had to take 4 Motrin every 8 hours and a Percocet every 2 hours. This extreme pain lasted for 4 days. I have had cramping since and my [censored] is severely swollen. If I would have the chance to do it all over again I would have just gone for the hysterectomy and not bothered with this procedure.

I
I
I had novasure done nov 2009, i was the worse mistake ive ever made. I am suffering so much pain now that, standing, sitting or laying down is hell. I was informed that there where no risks involved with novasure, also told i would be feeling 100% by the next day. Its now march 2010 and after countless ultrasound scans, blood tests, over 2 months worth of antibiotics, im still waiting to find out whats wrong. That was hard to deal with, til i found this site. I see i am not the only one to have suffered the torture of novasure. Anyone looking to have it done... DONT. I will be seeing my dr again, and demanding that i now have a hysterectomy done asap to solve this . My family has suffered aswell, ive not been able to enjoy time with my children, go out of the house unless someone takes me to shops in a car. Life is hell.

M
M
I had the Novasure procedure on april 22, 2010. I had the normal discharge that I was told about but heading into the fourth week this thursday I am now having bright red blood when I go pee and wipe nothing on the pad. I was wondering if this is normal and how long will this go on for? I have been bleeding like this for three days now. Please help me to understand if this is normal or not and if I should call the doctor. Also how long before the discharge and bleeding stop normally?

J
J
The size and shape of the uterus must be fairly normal in order to use the system. Fibroids or large polyps inside the cavity of the uterus will interfere with the placement of the device. In that situation I would first use a resectoscope to remove the fibroids or polyps, and would then would do the ablation. The Novasure system, however, is the only FDA approved device that was tested and found to be safe and effective in patients with smaller polyps, up to 2 cm, without having to first remove the polyps. It can also be used to treat a uterus that has fibroids as long as the fibroids do not distort of the shape of the cavity.

Last edited by Jehnavi; 05/17/10 03:34 AM.
A
A
2 years post op & I am doing very well. I no longer suffer from heavy painful periods. I no longer have to stay in bed because of being in so much pain and very bad flows. I don't get that irritable like I used to anymore either and my family is very thankful for that. I only have very light brownish spotting on some months and I have kept a calendar of when I would have gotten my normal period so I know that I am having a period, just a very light spotting maybe on day 1 and nothing more. I hope all the ladys that are still having trouble after Novasure get better. It took me 3 months after novasure to be without periods. The 1st 3 months were light bleeding then it stopped to spotting on some months not every month. Novasure worked super for me and I don't regret it. I only got sick after the procedure because of the anestesia. I threw up once and that was it. I was in a lot of pain for about 6 hours but I only took half a vicodin because I dont like taking meds-after I called my doc she said i needed 1-2 vicodin. After taking the full dose, I was fine. After day 3 I was fully recovered. Discharge lasted about 3 days but was not heavy at all. Hope this info helps for anyone considering the Novasure procedure. I researched a whole year before I did it so yes I suffered an additional year just to make sure it was safe and right for me. And it helped to know my obgyn had done several for a few yrs before I did it. She has a great reputation and I sure did look her name up for any complaints from her patients regarding the procedure and found none. I know there is a website where you can find the stats on the procedure as far as bad outcomes and why.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.