logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
J
Hormone therapy consists of oral contraceptives or other medications that treat hormonal imbalances. This therapy is effective only 48% of the time, and usually must be continued in order to remain effective.1 Some women experience undesirable side effects, including headaches, weight change, and nausea.

Last edited by Jahnavi; 07/21/10 03:56 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
M
This post made me feel somewhat better. I did very little research on this procedure before having it. My DR. didn't tell me about the watery/bloody discharge so I began to search for answers and found this site. I had the procedure 9/16/2010 with no pain or problems during the procedure. Now her I am 12 days post and the major issue is the discharge I was not told about and the slight headache that I belive comes from the stress of not knowing whats going on. I hope the discharge stops soon. My cycle before the procedure was awful on days 2 and 3 and every 24 days. No hurting pain, just a pain to live with. So I hope I haven't made things worse.

R
R
I had Novasure procedure done in 06. I am now having lots of bleeding and severe pain on my right hand side. Appendix already out. Went to DR for ultrasound, and found fibrous cysts but the pain i have may not be caused by this because it is so severe. options: birth control pills to stop period; or hysterectomy. After reading many of your posts...it seems time to bring this website to our drs and let them know about the down sides of this procedure.

S
S
I had did on the 19th of November. It's 3 weeks after and still bleeding. I rested and did all that the Dr said(for once normally I dont) almost a week after I had a bladder infection. I took med. for that. But since I am still cramping and bleeding want me to take another antbiotic. My bleeding first week was just light and brown. Then got to be heavier and red. Now this week it's like fresh blood and clots. They said it should get better finish antibiotics and go in right away if i get a temp. Anyone else have this would love feedback

K
K
OMG!!!!! I've been in and out of emergency rooms ALOT this year for severe pain in my abdomen and back. One doctor tellin me.."I may have seen a small kidney stone", another tellin me.."oh you may just be a little constipated". I never thought I was having complications from my Novasure procedure. I'm having the pains again now as I'm typin. Something told me to research the procedure I had, which I did before I had it, but this time I typed in "complications from Novasure" and I found this forum. I'm reading everybody's posts and I think this is my problem. My pain is unbearable!!!! I had my surgery in July of 2009. My periods were light and hardly any cramps at all. In March of 2010 I had the worst pain in my abdomen....happened again in September, October, November, and this month, December!!! After reading your posts, I'm on my way 2 the doctor ASAP!!!!! I will keep u all posted!!!

S
S
I had my novasure procedure in April, 2010. For the most part, my recovery was just as the doctor expected. Until September, 2010. Since then, like clockwork, when my period is due, I experience excruciating pain unlike anything I've ever had. This is not a cramp, this is a stabbing contracting pain as if my uterus is convulsing and contracting. Each month, my husband wants to take me to the ER and he is becoming more and more frustrated with the OB/GYN. I don't have much of a period anymore (I had the procedure to eliminate the "Gushers" as I fondly called my period)and, I never experienced pain in the past. I am happy with the expected results of a significantly reduced period. However, if I could reverse the procedure in exchange for no more pain, I would do it in a heartbeat. To date, my doctor tells me this has nothing to do with the NovaSure procedure. She has ordered a colonoscopy and has run a battery of other tests. It just seems very ironic that my pain is timed by my cycle and I never had this before the procedure. Each month my period is less and less but, the pain seems to be getting more severe with each passing month. The severe pain lasts about 24-36 hours and resembles a contraction that does not subside. I have to schedule my life around this event as I am unable to function. All the ibuprophen on the planet does not help and my kids are wondering why Mom is hurting so bad. Once that pain is over, I then feel like I've had some major surgery or have been beaten and bruised internally in my entire abdominal area. It is difficult to do anything that requires my abdominal muscles for at least a week post-period. Would love to hear results from your Dr. Visit. I'm at a loss and it seems like we are all in the same boat. BTW, I had several friends who had the procedure and they all have had fantastic results. That is what I based my decision on, but if you are reading this, and considering this procedure, I would look for an alternative, at least until someone finds some answers.

C
C
I have to say, that after reading most of the responses to this thread, I will not be doing this procedure. My OB/GYN has also suggested the Novasure for me only after doing the Hysteroscopy. She made sure that she told me to get a 2nd opinion first which I found odd to be coming from her. I don't know why it seemed strange but it did but now, I don't think so. You get these procedures done to be able to function normally and without having to live your life around your period BUT what's the trade-off if you have less of a period and feel like you are giving birth monthly???? What kind of a solution is that??

A
A
Sigh...I know that I'm brand-spanking new here, but I'm frustrated with all of the posts about side-effects and complications that Novasure's website and brochure clearly warn about. No medical procedure is without risks and if you do your research completely, you won't be surprised if you develop a complication. Disappointed yes, but righteously surprised, no.iI had Novasure 4 days ago. I did internet research including medical journals and asked many questions of the medical staff before the procedure. Then I weighed the risks of Novasure against my alternatives (do nothing, D&C, other EA method, or hysterectomy). Novasure offered the second best expected results at the second lowest risk. D&C had lower risks, but less good results and was likely to need repeats. Hysterectomy offered even better results than Novasure, but had the highest risks. Doing nothing was not an option because of severe anemia and flood-like bleeding. And lastly, my doctor didn't offer other EA methods. BTW, Novasure states that 1/4 of women will need a follow-up hysterectomy.

C
C
From what I've read, hysterectomies were always what was needed after all was said and done...I say just get one and be done with it especially if you don't want to keep going back and forth about this. Just a thought...

L
L
Hello all. I am new to the forum and joined specifically for this topic. I have never had totally awful periods. Granted they were not pleasant and I did have very bad cramping but only for the first two days or so. The bleeding with my monthly has never been terribly heavy and it would last from 5 to 7 days. Essentially my monthly has been "normal" all of my life. A few months ago I started to bleed but it was not my monthly as the blood was bright red instead of the dark off-colored blood with menses. It has happened several times since then, only about two weeks apart. I am not experiencing any cramping in conjunction. I am bleeding enough though that I have come close to needing a blood transplant. I have just moved from another state and so I have new doctors. I was referred to an ob/gyn who gave me two options medicine called Lysteda (sp?) or the Novasure procedure. Although for most people taking a pill 4 times a day to stop the bleeding would be preferred to a procedure which has risks inherent in all procedures. This is not an option for me. I have gastroparesis (my stomach is paralyzed) with a feeding tube that goes into my small intestine (a J-Tube). I am no longer able to take medicine by mouth. (Sorry for the next part.) Pills come out like they went in. I, therefore, have to crush all of my meds and put them thru my tube with water. Taking the pill option is not for me as it must be taken 4 times a day, which means that whenever I am on the med, I am forced to carry the med, a pill crusher, a piston syringe and a bottle of water wherever I go. It also requires a place of privacy while in public because I do not think most people would want to watch me putting something through my tube. I am left with Novasure. While I have heard good things there certainly seems to exist more bad outcomes than good unless the bad outcomes are just talked about more, which is probably the case. I am now absolutely unsure of what to do. The doc told me it would be done in the OR under general anesthesia, that it does not work 2% of the time, which means that a hysterectomy would be next, that in 92% of the time no periods are ever had again, that the rest of the percentage experiences a little spotting, that there is approximately 2 weeks of watery discharge (just like you would have with any burn), that it does not prevent PMS, such as moodiness, tender breasts, bloating etc. and that after the procedure it is not terribly painful. So unlike most of the people who have posted, I do not have an underlying problem such as endometrosis, fibroids, hemmoragia, or elsewise. I am simply bleeding out because, as explained, the blood is not old as if it had been collecting on my uterus but is bright red and brand new. Does anyone have any thoughts/recommendations as to what should be done?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.