Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bertinglebra, ostabest, spoodle22, KaylaWa, Marie Stroman
57465 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57466 Members
417 Forums
113607 Topics
806765 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 438
Nancy Roussy 231
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 108
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 64
Jana - Creativity Editor 61
Mona - Astronomy 58
Beetlemess 49
Sandra Investing/HFinance 48
Susan - Meditation Editor 39
mary-tea1 18
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#462174 - 10/23/08 03:13 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: ]
AltmedVictoria Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish

Hi Jason!

Equally I could spend time on your page, lots of great articles & information!

To answer your question, it�s really only when the ACV is taken by itself that it can have a negative effect on teeth enamel. When ACV is added to a salad dressing or your sorbet dessert it will actually adds in digestion and gets the entire metabolism working!... smile

Due to the acidity ACV should always be diluted with water or apple juice before drinking...If taken undiluted it can cause burning in the throat or contribute to enamel erosion.

Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Twitter Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Facebook Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to MySpace Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Reddit
#464790 - 10/31/08 03:19 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
NancyRose Offline

Quick cure when you feel a cold coming on: 1/3 cup acv diluted with water (add lemon, honey, or using warm cider instead of water sounds like a great idea!, in the evening. I learned this from an old farmer in the town where I grew up, and I always get over colds quickly and easily.

Other uses: pour acv on a burn when it first occurs--of course, applying cold material (ice cubes--I've used frozen peas and corn when I run out of cubes) and aloe vera are also healing for burns. Switchel is a drink that farmers used to have out in the field during haying--it's acv, water, and some sugar and salt, which replaces electrolytes and cools the body when working in the hot sun.

All the tips about not letting it touch your teeth or adding other ingredients are great ideas! I'll try cinammon next time, too.

Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Twitter Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Facebook Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to MySpace Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Stumbleupon Add Re: Lets talk about  Apple Cider Vinegar to Reddit
#468656 - 11/15/08 04:58 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: NancyRose]
Jason - Vegetarian/PC Offline
Shark

Thanks for the info. And nice stint into the regional uses of ACV. Really love the learning process of all the things God gave us to help build/rebuild health, well-being and wholeness.
Personal Chef Marketing Channel
Personal Chef Website

#469906 - 11/20/08 12:20 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: Jason - Vegetarian/PC]
NaturalHealthNut Offline

What a great thread. Some really good info about ACV shared. Thanks!

#473822 - 12/07/08 01:44 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
Jay2166 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I use Bragg ACV and after about two months it has helped lower my blood pressure and cholesterol back to normal. My cholesterol has gone from 240 to 165..blood pressure from 145/98 to 130/78. its not the most pleasant thing to drink, but with these results, it is definitely worth it.

I put 2 tbsp in a glass of water and add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. I drink a glass in the morning before eating, then before lunch and again in the afternoon. I sometimes have it at night too, if I am tempted to eat too close to bedtime. It shuts off the cravings.

Jan

#539961 - 07/29/09 02:47 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
jacobmd Offline

Many people take Apple Cider Vinegar tablets, or Red Wine Vinegar tablets without knowing what these products are doing for them. A large majority of the population suffer from reduced Hydrochloric Acid production in the digestive process. This condition is called Hypochlorhydria. Hydorchloric acid is only produced in the Stomach, by the Parietal cells. It is essential for the converion of nurients consumed. It is also responsible for the emulsification and sterilization of the food consumed. As you age the Parietal cells wane in their ability to produce Hydrochloric acid. This reduction in the pH causes incomplete converion and subsequently reduced absorption in the Small bowel. The normal treatment for Hypochlorhydria is Hydrochloric Acid tablets or capsules. The natural substitute for HCL tablets is the Apple Cider Vinegar or Red Wine Vinegar tablets. Allergies, irregular stools, reflux, belching, bloating, gas, etc, are common symptoms of Hypochlorhydria. These symptoms are also common in people that are producing too much acid. It is important to have a pH test, or gastrogram before taking any type of medication for either Hypo or Hype.

#540059 - 07/29/09 04:04 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: jacobmd]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
Jay, I love Bragg products! If you go to their website, you can get free samples, which included tons of info when I got mine. They also have a nice email newsletter.

I ended up ordering some seasoning mixes from them but I do buy the ACV in the grocery store. I love it.

#545242 - 08/30/09 02:37 AM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: AltmedVictoria]
jusaltl Offline

[quote=AltmedVictoria]Hi Victoria! Actually i have been drinking this for over 3 months now - 1/4 c apple cider vinegar with 2 liters of water and 1 squeezed lemon and honey to sweeten. I would drink this before breakfast and anytime i feel like drinking during the day. It has lowered my cholesterol count tremendously. Regards, Anonymous [/quote]

#546834 - 09/05/09 12:55 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: jusaltl]
Joan541 Offline
Gecko

Loc: Texas
After many years of people swearing by apple cider vinegar with little research to back up the claims, there is a new Japanese study out that supports the weightloss and losing belly fat claims.

#556314 - 10/14/09 05:43 PM Re: Lets talk about Apple Cider Vinegar [Re: Joan541]
Marius M Offline

Loc: Constanta, Romania
Hi, I became familiar with Apple Cider Vinegar during my search for natural acne cures. When I found so many uses for it I said Wooa! :) I had acne during teenage years and I said to myself that I could do nothing because of the hormonal imbalances during teenage. But the acne remained in adult years. I began to use ACV for a couple of weeks now to wash my face before bedtime. I can't tell yet if it does anything, but I will continue the treatment. I bought a cheap ACV from a grocery store - it just said that it was obtain through natural fermentation, but it was clear - without &quot;the mother&quot;. One thing I read over and over was that a good ACV needs to have &quot;the mother&quot; and not be pasteurized, so next time I will buy a more expensive one :)

Edited by Marius M (10/14/09 06:07 PM)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  AltmedVictoria 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
While you Were Sleeping Movie Review
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
20 minutes 44 seconds ago
Where are you and how is the weather?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:37 AM
What will you do today?
by Nancy Roussy
Inspiration
Today at 08:36 AM
2014 Eating Log
by Nancy Roussy
Low Carb
Today at 08:33 AM
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
Today at 08:30 AM
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Today at 07:41 AM
Best Body Care Gifts for Friends & Family
by BB -Body Care
Body Care
Today at 07:29 AM
Top 10 Mistakes at the Car Dealer
by Steve - Cars
Cars
Today at 07:04 AM
Winter Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Today at 02:17 AM
Neurotic November Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Yesterday at 08:35 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Mystic - Romance Movies), 95 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.