Print Thread
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Have you ever wanted to write a novel? Several years ago, I accepted the challenge to write my first full length novel, a romance. Since then I have written several others, although I haven't yet submitted them for publication.

What really helped me fulfill that desire was joining the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), and successfully completing the month.

Participants commit to writing at least 50,000 words between Nov. 1 and 30, which works out to about 1,500 words a day. There is a great support team and interactive groups to help you along the way.

You can find out more information and sign up at NaNoWritMo.org.

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 10/10/09 08:48 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
I tried to do NaNoWriMo a few years ago and I completely failed.

Last year, in lieu of NaNoWriMo, I did NaBloPoMo--- committing to write in my journal every single day. That went a lot better.

I am toying with the idea of trying again this year, as I have been writing close to a 1000 words a day for the past few months, in various blogs and possible magazine article submissions. I think I have the discipline to up that count to 1500 or so a day.

I have always (since I was 10) said I would write a book one day. Lately, that book seems to be taking shape more and more in my mind. NaNoWriMo may help bring it out!

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
There is a great group at Book in a Week that gets together once a month and tracks their daily output for one week. It is a great way to build your writing stamina without having to write for 30 days.

Very non-threatening group who are very encouraging. The moderator is Maureen (Moe) Wood from BellaOnline's Literary Fiction Site/Forum and Large and Lovely Site/Forum.

Let me know if you do check out this site - you may like the shorter commitment.

Last edited by Edie - MysteryBooksEd; 10/26/09 08:14 AM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
That is a fabulous site. I bookmarked it so I can go back and look closely at it. A week commitment is definitely less threatening!

I don't know why a month seems like such a huge deal. I journal every day and most of my essay and fiction attempts are born in my journal. Just a psychological block.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
Amoeba
Amoeba
I decided to go for it again and signed up for NaNoWriMo.

I did 2300 words yesterday, so off to a GREAT start.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Good for you Angie! I decided to join again this year at the very last minute, and I'm having a blast. I've written more than my daily total so far, but had to miss Thursday.

You are welcome to keep up updated during the month if you like, or check in at the end and let us know how you did.

Anyone else out there that is a NaNoWriMo participant this month? Have you in the past?

Amoeba
Amoeba

I did it!!! 62,440 words. Now I am ready to collapse and vegetate during December.

Angie Fathera
Cosmetics
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Angie, Congratulations! My computer started crashing unexpectedly around mid-November, then died the first week in Dec. Just got my laptop back from my daughter who was at University.

I am very proud of you. Hopefully next year I will once again earn a banner!

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.