logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Dear all,

i am deciding to offer freeshipping on my jewelry site, while mine is an international business, so it is difficult for me to offer complete freeshipping and i will add a little part of packing or handling fee in the item price.....

so what's your opinion about this, i would love to hear your experience about freeshipping.
please share

Thanks

We believe doing one thing, and doing it very very well.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
R
R
My answer would depend on who you are selling your products to and how you are selling them.

If you are selling wholesale it would be best to offer free shipping with orders over a certain amount. I am unsure what type of jewelry you are selling, so you need to figure out that amount based on the goods you supply. If you are selling wholesale Sterling Silver and Semi-Precious stones I suggest a minimum order of $300 for free shipping .

All free shipping should be the most inexpensive shipping cost possible. If they would like faster shipping then charge them for the extra cost of the shipping.

If you are selling to individuals from a web based store it should not matter. They consider the entire cost of obtaining an item the cost of the jewelry piece they buy.

If you are selling at auction the shipping cost should be separate. The lower the starting price is on an auctioned item the more bids you will receive. Many people will get into bidding wars over an item and they lose site of the cost and see the purchase more as a win.

If you ship internationally and if you sell items at auction you can choose which countries can bid on your items (e-bay). You will need to set your shipping cost before placing your item up for auctions, so make sure you estimate high on shipping cost.

I have seen jewelry auctioned off on E-Bay for very low prices, but the shipping cost are outrageous . That is a very poor business move, because you want repeat buyers. I believe that E-Bay has put a stop to this practice now, but you will need to check to be certain.

ROBBIE CANNADY
BUSINESS COACH SITE
D
D
useful for me, thanks

Moderated by  Angel - Business Coach 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.