Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
C
Hello everyone, I was just curious what everyone else likes as names. Girls- Sasha Meka Komika Chloe Ariela Boys- Kieren Landan Emmett Tyler Skyler I would love to hear what your all thinking. From Darci:)

Last edited by chica13801; 07/15/09 03:23 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
I can't list my favorite names. I like most names - those that have stood the test of time.

It's easier for me to list names I don't like. 1) I don't like made-up names. My only granddaughter is named Vidalia. Aside from being the name of an onion, and the two towns known for growing the onion, it's from some off-the-wall cowboy song about someone who made him cry. I call her Dalia - I don't too much care what her mother says - cause that is a real girl's name. And 2) I also don't like names that every other baby has, right now that is anything with 'ayden' or 'aiden' in it. If you get an announcement with one of these names you need to find out if it's a boy or a girl in order to buy a present.

Enough venting.

My all time favorite name is one I was never able to use. It's Tami and I had two sons.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
D
D
girls: Charlotte, Emily and Genesis right now boys: Gideon, Zane and Griffin I know that's only 3, but it's the best I can do lol

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
My all time favorite girls names are Julia and Alison, but my brothers married girls with those names (no kidding) so I couldn't use them. My next are the ones we went with.. Jenna and Alicia. I also really like Heather, but it didn't go with our last name.

Boys names I tend to like standard biblical ones.. not sure why. Andrew, David, Benjamin. Also Brian (not biblical, I don't think). Don't really have a 5th.

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
S
S
My favorite girl names used to be Ava and Kahlan, but both Ava and the -aylen sound have become much too popular, so I shy away from them now. My current favorites: Girls: Isadora Isolde Scarlett Daphne Jane (most likely as a MN) Boys: Henry Edward Maxwell Edmund Richard (again, as a MN)

K
K
Boys: Patrick Cohen Connor Joel Weston Oliver Michael Joseph Reid Benjamin Girls: Sophia Lauren Katherine Amelia (Kate) Elizabeth Laine (Ellie) Addison Leigh Lillian Caroline (Lily)

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I like unusual names with pretty sounds, like Kaylee, Hayley, Payton, Taylor, Kaylen, Callie, Chaney, Zoe, Chloe, Kyle, Skyler, Tyler. I also like boy-type names for girls, like Max, Alex, Jordan, Indiana, Scott and Zack.

I am pleased with my name, Jill, as it's not very usual. I find my hubby's name very pedestrian - Dan. For awhile i tried calling him Dane to make it more interesting but that didn't stick. :-)

B
Amoeba
Amoeba
B

M
M
Girls: Arielle (nn Ella), Charlotte (nn Charlie), Fiona, Helena (nn Lena) Boys: Benjamin (nn Ben), Connor, Liam (alone or as a nn for William) this is just at the moment, it changes all the time

E
E
Boys: Matthew Allen (for my grandfathers. Hugh/Hughie for short) William Lucas (family names. Bill/Billy for short) Zachary Thomas (family name. Zach/Harry for short) Benjamin Stuart (family names. James/Jamie for short) Nathaniel Ryan (family name. Nate/Niel for short) Girls: Margaret Lucille (for my grandmothers, though this one is up in the air. Mag(gie)/Gretchen for short.) Alexandra Patrice (family names. Lexi/Alexi(a) for short.) Jacqueline Adele (family names. Jackie/Ellen for short.) Anastasia Darcy (family name. Anya/Stacy for short.) Penelope Renee (family name. Penny/Lola for short.)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.