Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shark
OP Offline
Shark

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

This is an ACEO painted in ink, watercolor, watercolor pencils.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Arrrrrrrrf. :-)

Plus i bet the parrot is ready to talk too. :-)

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Yes, indeed. In fact, Dog has found it difficult to shut Parrot up on occasion.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dog needs a pirate name for tomorrow.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
How about "Border Dispute"? <hehehe> You could call him/her "Dizzy" for a call name.

From someone owned by a Border collie.
"Ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball, ball ...." Those Border collie eyes can be hypnotizing, can't they? wink

BTW, it's amazing how well even a totally BLIND Border collie can still manage to give you that famous "border collie eye", isn't it?

Deb Frost
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Heh - Border Dispute would be a great pirate name for Rosie - my other BC. This one with the parrot on his head is blessed with the pirate name of Dread Hairy Slouchin' Monty-dog.

arrrrrrroof!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Deb - what a good looking dog!

Oh, yes, the Border Collie stare...

That reminds me of a very early ACEO I did titled: 'If I stare at it hard enough it'll start throwing itself for me...'

Then Rosie and Monty had a conversation about it...

Monty: Yeah, that works.

Rosie: Don't be dafter than usual. How can it throw itself around?

Monty: Just keep staring at it. It works.

Rosie: Ah, right. Arf. You need a human about the place for it to work, though.

Monty: Yeah. Doesn't work without a human about.

Rosie: They fall for it every time don't they. hehehe

Monty: Yeah. hehehe

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
heh. last night I was hanging out with some friends owned by a border collie and aussie shep.

The Border Collie was very very insistent with her stick. Actually, it was just a piece of tree bark. throw, throw, throw. At one point she gave me a chewed up pine cone to chuck for her. I think she would give chase until my arm fell off.

D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Yep, you have the Border collie personality down pat, that's for sure <g>. In the original picture, the big round eyes in the BC just reminded me SO much of our "Patch". When he was younger, he had "normal" BC eyes, and could drill holes in you until you were literally forced to respond by throwing the toy - ball, frisbee, Kong, whatever ... but mostly the balls.

Since going blind at age two (he his six now), his eyes have no visible pupil anymore and look a lot more like those in your photo <sigh>. It doesn't stop "Patch" trying to stare us down and is ever ready to chase his balls, but we often don't know whether to laugh or cry when we realize he's giving "the stare" to a chair we are no longer sitting in.

Deb Frost
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Jilly,
We eventually taught our Border collie (and our other dogs <g>) the command "That'll do". It took persistance on our part, but they understand it means we are DONE with whatever activity they are currently involved in, whether that be fetching balls, tugging "stuffies" to pieces (our other mid-size dog is an Icelandic Sheepdog) or barking an alert (in the house) because the barn dog happens to be barking <sigh>. We don't allow house barking beyond a short, acceptable "alert" letting us know something or someone new is outside.

Having a Great Pyrenees out in the pasture is plenty of warning under most circumstances - she doesn't really need much in the way of back-up <g>.

Anyway, "That'll Do" USUALLY brings the activity of the two "herding dog" kids to an immediate end. At least they are smart and learn quickly, eh?

Patch, in particular, looks so cute when we give this command after a rousing bout of tennis ball chasing. When we've had more than enough and he brings the ball back AGAIN ... we say "Patch; that'll DO." He'll look hopeful for another few seconds, and when nothing happens, he'll give a big SIGH, drop the ball wherever he happens to be standing, and walks away, dejected. <hehehe>

Then he'll pick up a different toy and offer that to see if maybe, just maybe, the command was only for the ball <g>. Border collies are optimistic sorts, aren't they? smile

Deb Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.