Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Everyone needs a down day, Jilly. You'll make yourself nuts if all you do is work, work, work.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Michelle, that is very nice of you to say.
Quote:
What I would like to do today is start some laundry, get my eyeglasses fixed, sell some books at Bookmans, do my dishes, drop some boxes of stuff off at Goodwill, put air in my tires, pick up some necessities, and continue to sort through my storage. Also work out!

I have started two laundry loads, did the dishes, and took several large bags out to the car for Goodwill. I took out trash and recycling and set up for another load of dishes(i have not done dishes in weeks as I had no water to wash with until now...since it is overwhelming i am doing it in stages).

I also have eight throw pillows in the car to get rid of! Go me. smile I will take a look at some of my other throw pillows. Some the doggies use.

Next to take out more Goodwill stuff (need to sort through a few more bins), do more laundry and dishes. Then I will take out my bins for Bookmans to the car. I am not ready to make phone calls or drive anywhere yet, but will have to before 5pm my time (when some things will prolly close).

Last edited by Jilly; 09/19/09 05:31 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Okay! I took bins to the car ready to bring to Bookmans. I did more laundry (drying the last load of the day - have more to clean, but not today), went and bought a few necessities, dropped things off at Goodwill and looked for an eyeglasses place to fix my frames. I didn't find one on this side of town in the plazas I expected, nor was there one inside the WalMart. So i will have to look oline to find one for tomorrow or Monday.

I went to put air in my tires but then realized the place I was at needed quarters, which I was using for laundry, and also that I did not have a tire pressure monitor on me. SO i need to make sure I have quarters and a gauge when i set out again to get my glasses fixed.

For today, I still need to: find an eyeglasses place, go through three more bins of stuff, workout (which I will do on my twist board after dark to the UK Biggest Loser), finish my laundry, do more dishes, walk my dogs and also start this:

Quote:
I have several large categories to deal with: books, jewelry, housewares, videos, sporting goods, rv things, furniture and antique smalls/collectibles. I am starting to break these down into different posts to discuss.

Tomorrow I will keep breaking down my tasks (the more i break things down, the less overwhelming they will be), make another dropoff at Goodwill, look up ebay stores to sell my stuff (prolly in Phoenix), get my glasses fixed (if anything is open on sunday), call Geico for insurance on my new car, take a long hot shower, match old videos to their boxes and take out to car to sell at SuperPawn, and figure out 1st batch of books to mail ahead to FL. I need to find my tire pressure gauge, change my sheets and make another storage run.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
At this point I am tired and will just work out and watch my Biggest Loser. What I did since I updated: went through five more bins of stuff, walked my dogs, got back my laundry (took three sets of coins to dry it all) and folded things up (put most of it away), made another batch of bags for Goodwill and Bookmans, made a box of things that were grandma's to give to my mom, scrubbed the floor, and set things up for tomorrow.

Right now I am filling out my calendar to establish the rest of my first week here in the park and to start running down plans for next week.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Last edited by Jilly; 09/20/09 08:09 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Last edited by Jilly; 09/20/09 08:39 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yay, I got a lot done today: some vacuuming, dishes, Goodwill dropoff, fixed eyeglasses,car stuff (new wipers, oil change, checked belts and top off fluids, vacuumed floors, bought tape to cover broken plastic on front tail lights, filled tires, priced various car services that I might need), went through several more storage bins and made up some boxes of things to give to my mother to sell for me in San Diego. I walked the dogs, brushed the dogs, and called for some prices on RV repairs.

I also made an appt to get my car brakes checked (free at Midas) for tomorrow and got a phone number for a mobile vet clinic to update the shots on my doggies (clinic will be held Wed and Sat I am told).

I even had a nice long phone call with the hubby. :-)

Shark
Shark
You're absolutely right, Jilly. I'm hopeless at asking for help. I expect to be able to get everything sorted out by myself.

Originally Posted By: Jilly
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Cool - I'm a tad overwhelmed that people want to talk about this stuff and help like this. How brill is that!!!

Yes, that is what Lisa set up BellaOnline to do - help women achieve their dreams and goals in life. Well, and men too - they are absolutely not unwelcome. :-)

The forums are established to be sympathetic, supportive and even loving of each other. We want people to be happy!

I have found it VERY helpful to document my progress in life in these forums and ask for help. We all could probably use practice in learning to ask for help, methinks. :-)

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Wow, Jilly! You were a busy girl yesterday!

I felt happy for watching Wolverine and writing a review. blush

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I woke up really late, so getting a late start. I usually need a few hours each morning to fully wake up...so I am finally getting things done about now.

Starting more laundry, more dishes (Taking things from storage mean a LOT of dirty housewares to wash before trying to sell them), mailing a package to DH, figuring out how to download music and photos from iTouch so I can send that to DH too, getting more things from storage and consolidating things to keep, planning the next eleven days here in Flag (meeting mom and dad in Cottonwood for a few days Oct 4-8) and deciding where to go next, or if I should stay here.

I am thinking I should at least stay here until Apple makes our August payment...otherwise no money to go anywhere anyway. :-)

Last night I was pretty proud of myself - I made several planning lists and color coded their importance by highlighter color! I also figured out how to get fotos and numbers off my phone and onto this laptop, in prep to send it to Dan. I also worked out and went through more books to be ok with getting rid of.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.