Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#540364 07/30/09 03:02 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Hey,
So think that there are several things in life that go together. Like Peanut Butter and Jelly, Man and Woman, American and Food. But there has always been one thing that I don't understand. That is how Wine and Cheese came to be a couple. What do you think? I think that honesty no self-respecting wine taster should taste wine with out some cheese to break up the tastes from before.

There is nothing better than having a great party with cheese as well. I wanna know what you think about cheese and the way that it got together with wine.

Talk to me!
Juan Guadalupe

Last edited by Peter - Wine; 09/13/09 05:37 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Well, I think they just go together very well. Cheeses have their special flavors and wine has its flavor and mix them together they are wonderful and filling.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
[quote=Juan Guadalupe]Hey, I think that honesty no self-respecting wine taster should taste wine with out some cheese to break up the tastes from before. [/quote] I don't agree. Any serious wine taster will not want anything that affects their palate - either way. Water and dry crackers are the only acceptable palate cleansers at most professional tastings. There is a very old saying in the wine business: - [i]Sell on cheese, buy on apple[/i] Because cheese flatters wine, you serve cheese when you are selling. But when you buy, eat an apple. If a wine still tastes good against its acidity then it is worth buying.

Last edited by Peter - Wine; 08/03/09 07:52 AM.

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
B
B

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
The first post seems pretty much for advertisement purposes only, but I absolutely love the tips for pairing wines and cleansing palates. I've always wondered why wine baskets come with both cheese and fruits. I prefer the cheese but tried the fruits with both wine and champaign and found like the professional posters here, there is a huge difference!

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Raw fruits generally are not good matches for wines... Choosing wine to match with a pineapple has been a tie-breaker question in sommelier competitions. :) There is something I have never done and would like to. It is said that if yout ake a ripe peach and prick it all oever with a fork then put it in a tall glass (it'd have to be quite wide I think) then top it up with Champagne the peach will start spinningand rising and falling in the glass... It will flavour the wine with peach. And after you have drunk the wine you have a Champagne flavoured peach to eat :)

Peter F May, Wine Editor
Wine Website
WineForum
My Book
Shark
Shark
i love wine and cheese together -- perfect combination!

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Peter - I've definitely done the fruit-rising-and-falling fun with Champagne, you just need little pieces. In fact it can be sort of frustrating when taking pictures because you have the fruit right where you want it and then it starts going uppppp and downnnnn smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Don't forget chocolate with port and other dessert wines! yum yum yum

Jilly #548408 09/14/09 01:28 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Mine and David's favorite "couple time" treat is brie, walnuts, bosc pears and a sparkling wine called Dolce Moscato that we found at Whole Foods Market.

Because of my migraines I have to be very careful about drinking wine & cheese (especially if the cheese has any smoke to it) - because it can trigger one easily. But brie doesn't seem to have that problem, thankfully!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor

Moderated by  Peter - Wine 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.