Next Thread
Print Thread
#515608 04/26/09 09:59 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
If you enjoy yoga during the daytime, then I highly recommend you give nighttime yoga a try. The combination of stars in the sky, cool night air and glowing candles is quite magical!

This photo was taken with the outside lights on so you could see what I created for my setup. I have a semi-circle of small, low candles around the yoga mat. I made sure to place them far enough away that they will not cause any fire damage to me during my motions.

Always keep safety foremost in your mind! If for whatever reason a natural flame is not safe in your area, they have MANY great alternatives with LED lights that look completely natural. Always choose safety over burning embers if that is in any way an issue.

Many times the bugs will all go away once the sun goes down - which is great! If you still have bugs around during your nighttime session I recommend lavender oil and peppermint oil. Both of these are natural bug repellents which can keep you itch-free. If candles are safe in your area, you can use citronella candles as well.

You get a plethora of new noises at night that you might never hear during the daytime. In late spring near my house I hear the small frogs, or peepers, singing a chorus in my back yard. It's a lovely change from the bird song of the daytime.

You don't have to worry about sun screen at night - but you might have to worry about a chill. Dress accordingly so that you keep a good balance between heat and cold.

You probably won't be able to see any notes that you bring with you, so nighttime is a good time to work on routines you are already comfortable with.

I highly recommend trying a nighttime routine if you have the ability to do it. It adds a whole new dimension to your yoga routine, and can be incredibly relaxing!

Enjoy!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Shark
Shark
M
This can be a good time to let yourself be guided from within as you relax and settle into the evening. Just silently ask your body what poses it would like to do and see what happens!

One of my favorite yoga teachers, Erich Schiffman, is always suggesting that we learn to get quiet and listen for guidance both on and off the mat.

Martha McKinnon
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I decided to add in some more candles the next night, and even put a candle into my iron lantern. It was so peaceful, I am so glad I tried it! I definitely recommend it to others.

I'm doing my regular 20 minute yoga sessions for this, a gently restful one.

I made up a peppermint-ginger oil with grapeseed base that is lovely on my wrists and should keep bugs away! Right now I think there just aren't any bugs.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Last night I didn't do yoga because I has sword class and that was enough exercise for me. Tonight I was out with friends for dinner and one of them lent me two Rodney Yoga DVDs. So as soon as I got home - even though it was about 10pm - I took my laptop, the DVD, and headed outside!

It was a little chilly so I put on sweats and a long sleeved shirt. It was still lovely! I did two sections of the DVD and then my regular routine.

Low Carb Forum
Y
Y
Good post. Nice information has been shared. Thanks for sharing this useful information. I have tried doing yoga in night times. It gives a good sense of mind and peaceful mind and relaxed mind. It really sounds good. I used to get more tips about the yoga from the http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com they provide a more information about the different type of yoga and their benefits. [url=http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com]The Online Home Of Yoga - yoga supplies online, yoga supplies, yoga accessories, yoga products[/url]

Last edited by Yoga Supplies; 09/03/09 01:31 AM.
Y
Y
The post about the yoga is so informative and the tips you have given for the Night time yoga are too good. Thank you for the information you have given. One of the best site to get the Quality information about the yoga Asanas and about the products is [url=http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com]http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com[/url] . They are providing very good services for the business people. [url=http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com]http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com[/url]

Last edited by Yoga002; 09/05/09 06:02 AM.
Y
Y
The forum is so good and informative. Thank you for the information given here about the Night time yoga tips. By the way do you heard about the site [url=http://www.yogasuppliesonline.com]The Online Home Of Yoga - meditation, yoga courses, types of yoga, about yoga, yoga supplies online, yoga supplies[/url]. They are providing very good guidance and information about the yoga and providing very good quality supplies and products..

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.