logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
True. I read an article that focused on how western civilization is based on Judeo Christian principles.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Angie
True. I read an article that focused on how western civilization is based on Judeo Christian principles.

I thought about what I had written and realized I left out the part about law in western civilization is based Judeo Christian principals. Sorry for the error.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
But it is true - we can judge all we want to down here - our judgements do not make a difference to a man's soul - only God's final judgement is the deciding one.

I think our judging someone else, however, does have a purpose. It is so that we can help lead a person back onto the path towards God if they are wandering off of it.

But we have to be careful. The Bible often likens us to sheep and shepherds. If a shepherd always beats a sheep to get him to stay on the path - then that poor animal is going to seek a way to escape the cruelty of his master. But if the shepherd is kind and loving then that sheep will trust the shepherd and follow him - no matter how crazy the trail looks.

If we as Christians are always beating down our non-Christian friends for the way they live, then why should they trust us. Sometimes we need to show them the loving side of God, too.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
Michelle, we do judge all the time and we need too otherwise society would be in anarchy. When we think about what the taboos were in the 1950s and how those taboos have been relaxed today, we realize how much we have changed. I read a saying today which really hits home:

"Open your arms to change, but don't give up your values."

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Quote:
If we as Christians are always beating down our non-Christian friends for the way they live, then why should they trust us. Sometimes we need to show them the loving side of God, too.

I agree, Michelle.

When I was in college I attended an Encounter with Christ retreat weekend and one of the slogans of the weekend was, "If your Christianity isn't contagious, it's contaminated." I think we always need to show the loving side of God through the way we live our life.

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Quote:
"Open your arms to change, but don't give up your values."

Angie, I like this. A very good saying to remember.

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
I think it is very hard to live by that though. We have become so tolerant and accepting of societies' words and deeds that we may not remember our values or have the strength to stand up for them.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.