Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Czarina,

Your last post (and quote) really should go into the "If a Faith is not True it is False - debate" thread.

There are very detailed guidelines about debate threads for this forum listed in the Forum Rules & Guidelines. Debates are only allowed in threads marked as debate threads.

This is not a debate thread; please respect that.

Thank you!

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I was showing that the Catholic Church considers itself the only TRUE Christians. Is this thread about the Catholics being Christians?
Why are you guys always about trying to reproach my posts - why are you so defensive?

C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
The "Debate" thread has posts that do not have anything to do with the "Debate" (including yours)- are you going to go scold everyone posting non-debate topics in there?

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Czarina,

The only post I can find made by me in that thread that was not directly related to another remark (in other words - replying debate style, I was on the debate team in HS & college) - was when I let you guys know that Melissa's Dad was in the hospital.

My main goal as a manager here is to keep things polite. I have found that the two areas where people get the most "fiery" are in the political and religious forums. I used to be quite the hot-head myself in Bible Basics before I became an editor and then a manager.

Now I have learned to look at it from both side because I am a moderator. I have to. It is hard, because I still have my own opinions on matters.

The other thread has already turned into a fairly "hot" debate. That is fine. This is a very personal subject and there is no helping being passionate about it. So we will continue to let that thread go where people can present their arguments for which way they believe.

This thread is more for answering questions than defending beliefs. This is to educate those of us that do not know much about Catholicism and to educate Catholics on why many Protestants view you guys the way we do.

BTW - I do apologize deeply for the "ram down their throat" statement. I said that in the heat of the moment and it was uncalled for. It was neither appropriate for this thread nor for me as a moderator to say. It was also just plain rude. I am very sorry.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thank you, Michelle.

Czarina, as moderators we are simply asking you to abide by the guidelines and rules of this forum. I don't want people to enter our forum and feel like they have entered a debate whether they want to or not. That's why the rules for debate threads were established. We want everyone to feel welcome here. It should be a soft spot where people can land and feel safe and welcome. We should extend our (virtual) arms to all who enter just as Jesus would to us (and to everyone).

Quote:
This thread is more for answering questions than defending beliefs. This is to educate those of us that do not know much about Catholicism and to educate Catholics on why many Protestants view you guys the way we do.

Michelle is correct. I started this thread basically to link to my article, Are Catholics Christians? The purpose of this thread is to answer questions relating to that article - as Michelle stated, to educate those who don't understand what Catholicism is and for non-Catholics to express why they view Catholics as they do. It's a thread to clear up misconceptions, to educate; not debate.

Peace in Christ

Last edited by Melissa KA; 09/14/09 07:20 PM.

Melissa Knoblett-Aman
Catholicism Editor | Cats Editor
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.