Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just had surgery to fix a deviated septum. I have a nose cast and everything smile

It is key to eat healthy foods so you can heal up quickly. They have to be squishy foods though smile How do you manage both?

Chicken broth and beef broth are staples of healing. Protein is key for your body! Also my boyfriend is grinding up my chewable multivitamins, Vitamin C and fiber pills and I eat that like the pixie dust candy kids eat. So that helps a lot.

I've asked him to get me some butternut squash, split pea soup and I've had broccoli soup. Any sort of mushy vegetable is a good thing.

Rest and lots of water are of course key smile

I finished the surgery about 5pm on Wed and I'm already done needing to take pain pills. So far things are going relatively smoothly!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Oh my gosh Lisa, you look like it hurts so much. You poor sweetie...

How do the ground up vitamins taste?

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It is definitely not fun. Today it doesn't hurt badly but there are occasional stabbing pains in my lower nostril area. I'm hoping those will end soon.

The ground up vitamins are great, like orange pixie dust! I like it a lot. All my vitamins are orange flavored - the multivitamin, the two fiber pills and the vitamin C tablet. All are chewable.

Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sounds like you've got a handle on how to get your nutrients. Hope the pain goes away soon.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It is mostly pain free now, just twinges down by my nostrils still. The cast is off so now I wait until next Thursday to get the inside plastic stints out smile

I'm actually chewing my vitamins again! And I eat soft food like palak paneer (spinach saag). I'm getting there!

Low Carb Forum
L
L
Hi Lisa,
It's been about a year sicne I lastw rote. I was sorry to hear about your surgery but was happy to read that you are doing better and on your way to a full recovery smile

I had my share of health issues as well. I had to fly back home to Israel last DEcember for an emergency hip surgery. I had a massive infection in my hip joint. I have had 5 surgeries so far the last one was 3 months ago. I have had my hip joint removed completely and now am waiting for my 6th surgery (hopfully in a month) so I can get a new hip joint and can walk again.

Since this ordeal started I have lost track of eating proparly for a while but came back to my low carbs rutine 3 months ago (after my 5th surgery). I must say it was quite frustrating since I can't move much (the muscles don't work as they should without a bone support), I haven't managed to lose the amount of weight I needed. I have started over yesterday adn cut my carbs intake to less then 20g per day (and that only comes from the veggies I eat). I am hoping that this will wokr because as you said after surgery eating healthy is esantial for recovery smile

I hope you feel better and I'm glad to be back smile
Have a great labor day weekend smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow Lilue you have definitely been through a lot! I am so glad to hear you will be able to walk again soon!

You definitely want to be as healthy as you can be for your body to heal properly after surgery. So drink lots of water, eat lots of fresh, healthy veggies. I know it's a pain when it's so easy to eat junk food but it really is worth the effort!

How long after the next surgery will you be able to start working on walking?

Low Carb Forum
L
L
Usually after a hip replacement you they make you take a few steps the day after surgery. In my case sicne it's was an infected hip and sicne they had to break my thigh bone to removed the prosthesis I had before (it's going to be my 3rd replacment)it could take longer for me to start walking. I'm hoping that the newxt day I'll be able to start. It usually takes a few weeks to go from a walker to crutches, then a cain adn after you graduate to walking without any help smile I cna't wait for it to happen so I cna go back to my life smile

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, I was complaining about them tweaking my nose, I can't even imagine them breaking my thigh bone!! You poor thing! I hope they get you healthy soon.

Low Carb Forum
L
L
I'm actually doing very well considering the situation. It's all a game of patiance if you ask me.Once they surgical pain is gone and the staples come out it's all about being patient and coping with the side effects of the antibiotics I'm taking (I've been on antibiotics for 7 months now, both oral and intervinous).
Anywho, thank you guys for the support, that means everything, it gives hope and helps with the patiance part of the wait till I can have my next surgery smile
All of you, keep being your amazing selves smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.