logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#540782 08/02/09 01:51 AM
W
OP Offline
W
I wonder how long it takes to feel comfortable enough to just let it all out. Or is it a gradual process that tests the waters with a few items first? I think perhaps the greatest fear is a lack of validation. I see a little child inside of me cowering in a corner, and I can't tell her secrets to someone who will not validate. Damn, I don't really know all of her secrets. Maybe my fear is what will come up if the kid gets the opporutnity to speak.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
From someone who also has a little child still inside her as well, I can say that for me, it's been too long. I have been waiting forever to speak on what has happened to me throughout my childhood. It's so much bottled inside me that I'm ready to burst with the truth. That's why I've joined this site and I'm searching for others so I can talk about this and in hopes, find others who have experienced the same or similar. If I have a chance to speak with a therapist, I believe I'm going to let it all out. If you're still scared to speak, then it may take a little while longer but I honestly believe once you start talking, there's no stopping until you get it all out. And if your fear is what will come up, you shouldn't be afraid. That's what the therapist is there for. To be there for you and to help you through these times.

K
Gecko
Gecko
K
writingwithink,
Welcome to the forum!
For me, it was a journey of baby steps. First, you have to find a therapist that you trust enough to open up and reveal your wounds and scars. Once you have found someone you can trust, it is then a process of sharing how much you are comfortable with. Then, with each emotion or incident that you share, there will be a set of emotions to confront.

I recommend journaling as a means of going through the process. I also did some drawing. These things help in the processing of it all. Your fear of validation is a very normal thing. I believe most survivors of abuse deal with this fear on some level. We want to know that it was not our fault. We want to know that we are a person of value. Validation is a necessary tool in this process.

I do believe that as you go through the process you will begin to feel validated.

Again, welcome to the forum. There are so many supportive members here that really care.

Moderated by  ELS - Child Abuse Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.