Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi everyone! smile

Today, the new movie Orphan opens in theaters.

Some people feel that this movie doesn't shed a positive light on older child adoption. Others feel that it's simply a horror movie, nothing more, nothing less.

In this week's article, I talk about some of the controversy surrounding the movie:

Thoughts of 'Orhpan' Movie

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by Cook4Kids&Adoption Editor; 07/24/09 10:13 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Thank you for bringing this information to your readers. Your article says it all. Movies may be considered "make believe" or "entertainment", but when a movie is hurtful to anyone, especially children, it's no longer entertainment. There has to be a balance, because while we want to make the general public aware of the negative content and urge a boycott, the more controversy -- the more likely people will want to go see it. I would urge everyone, as an alternative to viewing this movie, to make a small contribution (even the cost of your family seeing the movie) to any adoption-related charity. Let's educate and validate, rather than allowing the media to do it for us.

A
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A
Hi 2adopt1!

Thank you for your kind words.

I think you make a great point about finding a balance. Not giving the movie so much publicity where it makes people want to go see what the controversy is about, but instead making people aware of why it can be harmful.

It seems that there's long been a stigma associated with older child adoptions, and some of the previews of this movie play right up to those stereotypes.

On a much lighter note, I love your display name 2adopt1! smile

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.