Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#539138 07/25/09 05:26 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
The definition of a Pagan is one who follows a polytheistic or pre-Christian religion. Do you have more than one Goddess/God that you pray to?

The search for truth is a never-ending journey and may be found in Earth Mother. What do you think of this statement?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
It is found beyond the eternal neutral spirit which created the world.

B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
When everything has been created from NOTHING, and everything that has been created returns into NOTHING one day, then the NOTHING is the final aim. No time, no space, nothing that can be said, exppressed, measured. Even trying to give the "NOTHING" a name is in vain, Nirvana, Nothing etc.

B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
This NOTHING is our home, and Mother Earth is one form of appearance of the Creator Spirit. A beautiful one - all creation is beautiful.
Yesterday I walked along the beach, enjoying wind, sun, water around and sand under my feet, collecting shells and stones. How beautiful all these elements are, and how powerful, and how powerful and wonderful, and admirable the spiritual force which created that all, and "governs" it, and the circles of life and death!

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
In response to your first question, Phyllis, I have always entertained the idea that all of the separate gods and goddesses could just be the separate aspects of the same Spirit. And when we need help in a specific area, we call upon that aspect, or a god or goddess associated with it. Or, when I was a kid and I started learning a little about mythology, I used to have fun picturing the heavens as a big board meeting, with all the differet gods and goddesses sitting at a long table, sorting out the business of the universe. :-) I personally have an affinity for all things animalistic in nature. I've been a veterinary assistant for 8 years now and was a country kid long before that, so critters have just always been a part of my life and talking to them was just what one did. So, in my personal and professional life, I find myself talking to Anubis and Bast quite a bit. Having had to euthanize more than my fair share of dogs and cats, asking Anubis to help them in their passing always makes me feel a little better. Of course, then there are also things I invent for myself, but that's for another topic, perhaps. I have a strong belief in the power of intention and heart over those of specific perameters at times. It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul. Make sense to anyone else? As for your second question, I remember in one of my favorite movies ("The Power of One"), the old professor tells the young child that any question he has in life, the answer can be found in Nature. That's similar to how I feel. We may not always know the answer or be able to decipher it at first, but it's out there if we really, really seek it. At least I hope so. Just my two cents. Thanks for the questions!

OP Offline
Hi Apple Blossom.

You have some very good insight and thoughts expressed. I, too, believe that any quiestion in life can be found in Nature. I was raised Christian and now adhere more to the Native American way of beliefs with some Pagan faith blended in with that. It works amazingly well for me and brings me peace in many ways.

You wrote: "It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul. Make sense to anyone else?" That makes perfect sense to me, for I sometimes talk with Jesus, call upon Great Spirit and even talk with Black Elk at times, and I pray to the Spirit Guardians of animals and plants at times also. What a lovely way you expressed it.

Thank you for sharing.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Thanks for asking. I don't often share my thoughts as, most often, I don't find people endeavor to find out what other people think! And I hate to be "that guy" who always makes the conversation about me, me, me, and what I believe and think and feel, etc. I've been around so many of those people that I think I've gone to the opposite end of the spectrum sometimes. But I love hearing others' experiences and ideas. I think it's healthy to remain open to learning and listening.

OP Offline
It is healthy to keep an open mind and learn about how other's believe. I have always liked to research and study all faiths. The Pagan faith holds great interest for me and blends well in my life.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
T
Shark
Shark
T
I have always researched other faiths as well. I think the different ways that people view God or diety are very interesting. Pagan has always been the path that I felt most comfortable following.

I always found myself interested in Greek Mythology. I always found the story of the Greek Goddess Athena the most interesting. I feel that Athena is my patron Goddess. I also believe that all the Gods and Goddesses are just different aspects of the same Spirit.

Teresa Post
Holistic Health
OP Offline
I find that a lot of people feel the same, that the different Gods and Goddesses are different aspects of the same Spirit. That resonates with me.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S

F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I just read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and it is tied with with the quote posted below. Though I didn't like the gender stereotypes tied into the book, I did like the other aspects. Like following omens and such. Also, though the main character is Christian, the book does pull other religions into as well. It makes the point that is more about following your personal legend and tapping into the soul of the universe (I forget Coelho's exact phrasing).

I've got some things going on in my life that make these thoughts appealing, though they have also been there throughout my Pagan and comparative religion studies. It's all about finding the truth in whatever form brings you joy...

Originally Posted By: Phyllis, Native American

You wrote: "It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul. Make sense to anyone else?" That makes perfect sense to me, for I sometimes talk with Jesus, call upon Great Spirit and even talk with Black Elk at times, and I pray to the Spirit Guardians of animals and plants at times also. What a lovely way you expressed it.

Thank you for sharing.

#568799 12/03/09 02:26 PM
S
S
A very interesting discussion! Personally, I believe that we are all Gods and Goddesses, responsible for our own direction in life. This doesn't discount the possibility of help from others, but I don't necessarily rely on another to make my destiny. Having said that, when I feel the need for 'conversation', I speak to Nuit.

Z
Z
Yea, interesting indeed! The idea that we are all gods/goddesses is one that was recently presented to me also and I find that I understand this far better then anything else. I do not believe in 'god', i beleive in a higher, indescernible power from which we all come. Everything is connected: The ocean, the trees, earth everything. Of course, with an unwell society we have an unwell earth so everything happening on our earth makes sense (ie tsunamis, earthquakes etc) When I speak/pray to 'god' I am speaking to the higher power that surrounds me and to my higher self. So the quote from Phyllis: It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul really resonates with me. Sometimes I find my beleifs hard to comprehend as lately i am beign surrounded by those who follow a wiccan or strongly pagan belief system and pray to goddesses and follow that branch but I feel a cold shiver when I try to get involved. I will not begrudge another their beliefs but I realised that it was just not for me!

OP Offline
So many deep and enlightening thoughts here. Thank you all for sharing.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.