S

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
froggie0424
Unregistered
froggie0424
Unregistered
F
I just read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, and it is tied with with the quote posted below. Though I didn't like the gender stereotypes tied into the book, I did like the other aspects. Like following omens and such. Also, though the main character is Christian, the book does pull other religions into as well. It makes the point that is more about following your personal legend and tapping into the soul of the universe (I forget Coelho's exact phrasing).

I've got some things going on in my life that make these thoughts appealing, though they have also been there throughout my Pagan and comparative religion studies. It's all about finding the truth in whatever form brings you joy...

Originally Posted By: Phyllis, Native American

You wrote: "It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul. Make sense to anyone else?" That makes perfect sense to me, for I sometimes talk with Jesus, call upon Great Spirit and even talk with Black Elk at times, and I pray to the Spirit Guardians of animals and plants at times also. What a lovely way you expressed it.

Thank you for sharing.

#568799 12/03/09 02:26 PM
S
S
A very interesting discussion! Personally, I believe that we are all Gods and Goddesses, responsible for our own direction in life. This doesn't discount the possibility of help from others, but I don't necessarily rely on another to make my destiny. Having said that, when I feel the need for 'conversation', I speak to Nuit.

Z
Z
Yea, interesting indeed! The idea that we are all gods/goddesses is one that was recently presented to me also and I find that I understand this far better then anything else. I do not believe in 'god', i beleive in a higher, indescernible power from which we all come. Everything is connected: The ocean, the trees, earth everything. Of course, with an unwell society we have an unwell earth so everything happening on our earth makes sense (ie tsunamis, earthquakes etc) When I speak/pray to 'god' I am speaking to the higher power that surrounds me and to my higher self. So the quote from Phyllis: It doesn't matter who you're talking to, your call will be heard if it's from your soul really resonates with me. Sometimes I find my beleifs hard to comprehend as lately i am beign surrounded by those who follow a wiccan or strongly pagan belief system and pray to goddesses and follow that branch but I feel a cold shiver when I try to get involved. I will not begrudge another their beliefs but I realised that it was just not for me!

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
So many deep and enlightening thoughts here. Thank you all for sharing.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.