Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
what a cute picture of your gramma....I have a few of my gramma as a young girl.

Loved the robe and slip. I am so sloppy no one would even save what I wear now for years from now lol.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Shark
Shark
N

Vintage hats?? How about some Vintage gloves? As I was repacking up all this CLEAN stuff I found 2 pairs of what I believe to be children's dress gloves. They are really tiny. I am giving them a good soak to get the true colour of them before I take a pic for you all. My hands, eventhough I am full grown, are very small and I might be able to fit into them. Not sure yet. I used hot water and they WERE filthy and the colour is different than when I found them. They are drying now.

Last edited by Navigaar; 06/13/09 07:33 PM.

N
Shark
Shark
N

After I took this pic and was reducing it I saw inside the pair on the right a tag so I looked. It said "Stretchies. The glove that fits like a glove" Hahahahaha. So they are women's gloves. I tried both pairs on and they fit. The ones on the left were a bit short though. But aren't they pretty?

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
They are very pretty. I have a pair of my gramma's gloves that are black and I couldn't get them on! She was very tiny. She is the one I got the hats from.

~anonymous~
L
L
Hi...I've never seen this site before, but am very interested. I have just started collecting vintage hats myself and I've been bingeing. Here are some of the things that I am doing regarding my never ending availability of stunning ones. My hair is too wild and thick to wear them, but that doesn't stop me....They are too beautiful to put away. You can get mannequin heads if you like that sort of thing...They aren't always dear....I also have them out on display perched on candelabras - so simple that it takes nothing away from the hat itself; candle-stick holders....Even have one on an upturned wineglass and that looks beautiful. I found some small chocks of shaped wood and used them too. I guess there's no end of ways you can think of once you start. Dust...what's that? I think one of the problems of having the pinned or hooked on a wall is that you only have one view of them. If they are on something, you can walk around them and get the 3D view of them. I have a Polaroid camera and have also taken photos of them which gives another dimension to the collection as well. There's endless fun to be had... That's only part of the fun too. I've added all sorts of things to some of the hats...like artificial grapes, of course feathers and veiling and bits and pieces of deco jewellery that I have and enjoy out on display....Perhaps seeing you sew, you might want to rig up an outfit on a dummy if you have one and add one of your favourite hats on top.....Hope some of these ideas interest you. Thank you too for triggering my imagination....Regards Lyn

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Hi and welcome Lyn! You do have lots of good ideas! My hubby's gramma is moving into assisted living and I was there helping and stumbled across 2 hats that she loved. They also had hat boxes which I only had one before and so now I guess that with 3 I have a collection.

Here is my grandaughter modeling the prettier one

~anonymous~
L
L
hi...thanks for your reply. your granddaughter is so beautiful that i forgot to look at the hat....She's obvioiusly enjoying the wonders of hat wearing. I have a young granddaughter too, and I rationalise my collecting/purchases by saying that she will get all my beautiful things....Dont think my son is as happy about that as I am. I always played 'dress ups'. I have never grown out of it, which is how I get so much pleasure of playing with my hats. Will you be posting any photos of what you've done with your hats? Regards Lyn

conniem Offline OP
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Lyn, my dad is going to build me some shelves or something to display them. I just need to get with him. My sewing/craft room is a disaster. I need to finish painting it. I had started painting last November on a really nice day and then the weather turned cold. It was my son's room and I had painted it a dark grey with a big red stripe halfway around the room and it has to be kilzed. Right now it is a disaster as I am going to a craft show with my sister on the 25th and I have a few projects to get finished. My grandaughter is a born poser! I am always hearing "gramma, take my picture" and you can't just take one, it has to be several at a time! Thanks for the complements on her. She is a real sweetie!

~anonymous~
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.